28

"Watch your step." I whispered against Beyoncé's ear as I guided her up a series of steps. She clung onto the arm I had wrapped around her waist as we walked. I had one of my hands covering her eyes, since I wanted to surprise her, even though I knew my girl hated surprises. I'm trying to switch it up though.

"I got you." I assured her, kissing the side of her head after feeling her body tense. I didn't take it personally since I knew she's been under a lot of stress lately. I just continued to rub her sides and lead her to where we were going.

"Aight," I paused and released my grip on Beyoncé as I stood back. I moved to stand in front of her and looked around one more time before nodding. "Open your eyes now, Bey."

She hesitated for a second, before slowly opening them. First she focused on me, but moved onto looking around at her surroundings. I think it took her a minute, but soon enough I saw the realization flash across her face. I smiled a little as her eyes landed on mine and she gently grabbed my hands.

Shawn. She said, biting down on her lip as her face softened. Baby.

"You remember this place?" I asked Bey with a knowing smile. She kept looking around for another few seconds before glancing back at me. I noticed her dimple pop out and smirked, giving myself a pat on the back. That was the goal.

This is where you brought me the night you asked me to be your girlfriend. Beyoncé said smiling. I nodded my head and tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she stared up at me. That was the best night.

"It was." I agreed, leaning my forehead against hers. "I don't think I've brought you out on a boat since, have I?" I leaned back and looked at her curiously, because I really didn't remember. When Beyoncé shook her head no, I nodded. "That's what I thought. Good, so tonight will be special then."

Beyoncé brought her hand up to my face and traced over my lips before kissing them. She pulled back slightly and briefly looked me in the eye. Any night with you is special, Shawn. She said after my eyes fell back on her lips.

I felt myself smiling.

"I'm glad you feel that way, ma."

I kissed Beyoncé's forehead before stepping back and grabbing her hand. She leaned against my shoulder as I led her over to the little setup I had laid out on the deck.

I sat down on the blanket I had laid out and pulled Beyoncé down on my lap

I sat down on the blanket I had laid out and pulled Beyoncé down on my lap. She wrapped her arms loosely around my neck as I grabbed the bottle of champagne. I poured us both a glass before setting them down beside us. Bey tapped my arm to get my attention.

Shawn, I love you. Bey said while brushing her fingertips over my cheeks. Thank you for everything you do for me. I can't believe how lucky I am to have you. I love you deep.

I noticed the tears forming in her pretty eyes and sighed, kissing her softly before nuzzling my nose against her cheek. "I love you more, baby girl. You don't gotta thank me for shit I'm supposed to do regardless. I told you I was gonna take care of you, ma. I don't break promises like that."