Nineteen.

| Nahla Amari |

My heart skipped a beat as I heard my sons heartbeat through the doppler I bought earlier today. I finished all my appointments early enough just so I could come home and listen .while I had one earphone Nari had the other. " Omg that's my little baby in there " she says excitedly.

" Stop tryna steal my son " I laugh. " I'm serious as fuck Ima be in the delivery room when you have him. " Too bad I'm doing a water birth from home " I stuck my tongue out at her. " Hm do you think Pharaoh will be in attendance?" She asks " Honestly no " I sigh. " Why ?" " He was pissed I didn't want Kain to leave, he stormed out in the middle of the appointment and I hadn't even seen the doctor yet " " I'm so ready for Nasir to stop working with him and focus on Tattooing" she sighs.

" Things will get better trust me , I'm living it as we speak you may not know but my parents were shitty to me on a daily basis especially since we lived in the hood don't get me wrong we had a house but it's in a terrible neighborhood , my so called father let his colleagues touch me just so he could get promoted but that never happened , all the money he brought home went straight to drugs so we were stuck and my mother lost her job but she didn't know I knew. I met Pharaoh because my parents owed him money they had the money to pay him, but never did I should have let him kill them, but my heart wouldn't let me " I wiped a few stray tears. "You are strong Nahla I commend you for living through your pain because I don't know if I would be able to do it " she says hugging me. " I'm glad youre my sister fuck that in law shit " " bitch you gone make cry " she says laughing. " I'm not trying too " I laugh with her.

" I know but I been meaning to ask you this for a minute now so what's going on between you and Kain ?" " Ughh! I wanna be with him so bad but I don't know " " Why not? " she asks. " I don't think he fucks with me like that " "Girl if you don't get the fuck ! That man is interested I mean ain't no man gone bend over the way he do especially since that ain't his baby in ya stomach " she says pointing to my belly. "I just don't want another Pharaoh situation "You can't worry yourself like that Kain is a good man when he commits he commits." She says" Sounds like you know from experience " "My cousin use to date him he loved her and she played his ass I was mad as fuck I beat her ass until she couldn't breathe they had to revive her at the hospital"

"Well damn " I laugh. " Exactly! I know your brother didn't tell you, but I fucked up all of Pharaoh's cars after that day , he thought you did it, so he wasn't tripping but when I asked him did he like my present he flipped shit cussing me out " she laughs "You a mess." " Yea yea " she waved me off.

BANG BANG BANG

" who the fuck ?" I whispered to her " I'm calling your brother " Nari says dialing his number. No one knew where I lived besides Pharaoh, Kain , my father , Leah , Nari and Nasir so who could be banging on my door at 10 at night? I didn't have enemies so who would come after me. I felt this nasty shiver go down my spine I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew something bad is happening . I looked at Nari and she had the same face I had but then I dawned on me that I'm carrying Pharaoh's child which only meant some ones after me to get to him.

" There's no signal in here " she says. I couldn't believe this was happening to me I was sure that my life would be upright by now, buts it's not it just keeps spiraling out of control. The lights had cut off and I became even more scared, not for me not for Nari but for my unborn son I can't lose another child not this time . " Nari we have to get out of here " " Follow me " she says leading us out the room. We creeped out the bedroom making our way downstairs with no one in sight , I gripped her hand when I heard the intruders voice. " She's here just keep looking we can't leave without bringing her back and be careful Dean she's pregnant " the unknown man said, Dean. My heart stopped when I realized Dean was Leah's fiancé I had never known his name until she mentioned some months back I couldn't believe this. THAT BITCH!

We started moving again but I slowly regretted it because my clumsy self hit the table, we tried moving faster but not fast enough for them because Nari was snatched from me." NARI !" I screamed before everything went black.

•••

" Wake up " I kept my eyes shut hoping he would go away. " I'm not going nowhere so open your fuckin eyes before I do it for you " My eyes shot open.

" You must be wondering why your here " " Who are you ?" I ask. " We'll get to that later but first let me explain why your here " he says waving his gun around " see your mother owes me money a lot of money and I had planned to collect by killing you but Pharaoh took you as payment because she owed him as well which was dumb because now look at you "

" Fuck you !" " Ah be careful on how you speak to me I won't hesitate to kill you , now back to what I was saying your mother informed me on everything and Pharaoh being my rival only made this better I expected him to trade you and have you sell yourself to pay off her debt but he didn't which infuriated me in many so ways but he fell for you but not I no ma'am I plan to use you to get back at him "" Why me ? Why not take his fiancé ?" I ask. 4rty" Oh but I did dear " he smirks " I plan on meeting him with you and her and he'll have to make a choice it's either you or her "