Thirty Nine

| Kain Romero |

" Who the fuck do these belong too ? And who sent them !?" " Man I don't know I'm just a clueless as you " Nas says shaking his head. " Pharaoh did this " Nahla says in a cold tone. " How you know ?" " Call your parents now !" She shouts. " Shit !" I curse dialing my dads number, but I got no answer it went straight to voicemail , I called my moms phone, but I got the same thing " I called dad him and ma ain't in the states right now so they good any luck wit yo parents ?" Nasir asks. " Man no it's going straight to voicemail " I sigh " They got the kids I hope everything is okay " " Somethin ain't right Kain we need to go over there now " Nahla says wit tears in ha' eyes. " I'm wit sis on this " Nas says putting his hand on my shoulder "We'll ride wit you as backup " "Aight lets go."

We left and I flew to get to my parents house but it seemed like I was going slower and I became angrier by the second , who would do some shit like this and who did we have beef wit? Better yet who knew I was at Nasir house . So many thoughts raced through my brain as I made my way there , I looked over at Nahla and she had worried look on ha' face. I sighed putting my hand on her thigh , she gave me a weak smile and I returned the gesture , we're going in hea' blind not knowing what we would find but I'm hoping and praying that when we get there they'll be there . The closer I got the house the more this ill feeling I have sitting at the the bottom of my stomach got worse. I pulled into the drive way and decided to say a quick prayer . " Y'all bow y'all heads Ima pray befo' we go in thea ' "I grabbed a hold of Nahla's hand as Nasir put his hand on my shoulder and Chardae put ha' hand on Nahla's shoulder.

Lord I come to you as humble as I know how

I'm asking you to cover us wit the blood of ya only son Jesus Christ

For we do not know what we are walking into

I ask you to keep us safe and out of harms way

To bring us , our children and parents safe out this house lord

In Jesus name I pray

Amen

" Amen " " Lets go " I say getting out the car. We made our way into the house to see no one in the living room , it looked like no one had stepped foot in here in days which worried me since they had just came and got Zeus and Raina Friday and it's now Monday. " Lets split up we'll look upstairs and y'all down here " Nas says. I nodded and proceeded to the basement with Nahla right behind me , I grabbed ha' hand and intertwined my fingers with ha's , she squeezed my hand when she heard Chardae scream, we ran upstairs to find my parents , Zeus and Raina wit their hearts cut out.

" NOOOOOOOO!" Nahla screams as she rushed over to the kids " MY BABIES !" She cries. I ran to her holding ha' as we both cried who could possibly want to harm kids , the room filled with nothing but cries between the four of us I couldn't move hell I didn't even wanna breathe whoever did this took my kids life and where I'm from it's an eye for an eye. " Pharaoh did this " Nahla spoke with venom in her voice."How you know ?" " The note said you took what's his now it's time take what's yours " she says.

Then it clicked , he was talking about Nahla and Zeus but why kill him and Raina ? I couldn't think straight all I know is he's getting his whether Nas does it or not. " We gotta call Hector " she says. " Look at me " " You already know I'm here so don't even try it " Nahla said " Princess doesn't do well with emotions "

•••

I held Nahla as they brought the bodies out and she couldn't stop crying. I felt her pain she was experiencing this all over again, I had to be strong for her right now because when we get home I know I'll break and she'll be there to hold me up like I'm doing now. " Who did this nephew ?" Hector asks. " Pharaoh " I said clenching my jaw. " He's alive ?" " yea unc he faked his death "

" I'll put word out " he says patting my shoulder " I'm sorry Nahla " She didn't speak all she could do is nod her head. " I want him alive " " I'll let you know once we find him but until then keep ya head up and take care of my little solider " he says " I'll call her family and the rest of our side to let them know " " Don't do that you know mom didn't fuck wit her family and I don't want them fake ass people there pretending they care " "I hear you but I'm just calling to inform them she's dead nothing more "he says." Got ya unc." Nasir held Chardae's hand as they made their way over to us. I nodded at him not being able to muster up words to say to them.

" I called pops he's on his way to y'all house " Nas says " Baby you hear that ?" " I just wanna go home please " she cried harder pushing me away " what did my babies do to him huh ?!" " Come on shorty we gotta go " " This isn't happening ! It's a fucking nightmare please wake me up !" She shouted falling to the ground. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the car , Nas opened the car door and I slid in with ha' in my arms as she cried out loud I just let the tears fall . " MY MOTHAFUCKIN KIDS MAN !"

I could no longer contain my heart ache at this point , my kids are gone all because of a nigga who gave me permission to be a father to his son along wit being married to the women he claim he loves . " Promise me you'll kill him Nas " Nahla says ." I promise little sis " he says " We'll kill him together " She sighed and snuggled into my chest " I love you " " I love you too shorty "