Twenty Eight

| Nahla Amari |

5 years later

" Zeus !" I call out. " Yes mommy!" " Where are you ? " I ask." Right here " he says tapping my thigh. "Hey mommas baby " I cooed at him " How old are you today?" " 5 ! " He squeals." That's right ! My big boy is 5 " I say kissing his cheeks. "Mooom " he drags out " you don't want my kisses no more " I act fake hurt. " I'm 5 now so no more kisses " he says in serious tone " okay I'm 5 let's go before we're late. " " you don't have your purse or phone sooo " he says imitating Kain. " Ooo y'all get on my nerves with that " I chuckle going to get my purse and phone.

DING DONG

" Baby go answer the door it's probably Aunty Chardae " "Okay!" he shouts. I know y'all probably thinking what happened to Nasir and Nari well he divorced her hoe ass , he sent her divorce papers on her birthday because he found out she slept with Pharaoh while me and him were talking and continued to do so , I wanted to beat her ass but Kain wouldn't let me he said it wasn't the right time and he was right cause I caught her ass months later and dogged her ass on the street. " Momma why is there man at the door who looks like me ?!"

" huh ?!" I yell back confused " Ask him his name baby " " He say his name is Pharaoh like my dad's name! My heart sped up and I raced downstairs to the door to see the one and only Pharaoh standing there fully alive and not dead.  " Baby go to your room please me and him have to talk " I say in a shaky voice.

" Can I call pops he was gone when I woke up " " yes " I gave him my phone. I watched him until he was out of our sight, I punched him straight in the eye to see if he was real. He chuckles " I deserve that " " how ?" Was all I asked. " I paid the doctors to say I was dead , there were too many targets on my back and I didn't wanna risk you being took again I been watching y'all ever since and I appreciate Kain for stepping in " he says " So you told him about me ? " " Yes he asked about you a year ago he wanted to know why he's a sexy chocolate and not brown like me and Kain so we sat down and explained everything except you being dead he doesn't quite understand that yet. " " So where does he think I am ? " he asks.

" Overseas " I mumble. " Military?" Yea , who all knows your alive ? " I ask. He rubbed the back of his neck " ya dad , Nari and Kain just found out a week ago when I popped up in his shop to get a cut congrats by the way on y'all little girl she looks just like you " he says sincerely. " Thanks I have to go pick her up now " "Can we tell him I'm back for good " " ZEUS!" He came to the steps " Yes mama " " come here baby " I looked between Pharaoh and Zeus and there was no denying it , Zeus looked dead on Pharaoh . " Yes mama " " Remember how I told you about your real dad ? " " yea you and pops said he's overseas fighting for our country " he says proudly. " Well I'm back son for good now " Pharaoh says. " I KNEW IT ! " he says jumping on Pharaoh " Promise to never leave me again "

He picked him up " I promise lil man " " Wait so does that mean pops can't be my dad no more? I could hear the hurt in his voice when he asked that and before I could answer him Pharaoh spoke up." Just like I'm your dad , he'll always be ya pops he was here when I wasn't " Pharaoh says. " Okay " Zeus smiles. " Oh yea happy birthday son " He says " Thanks ! ""We have to go we're already runnin late " I say shooing them out the door.

•••

"Girl who is that ? " Chardae asks stacking the gifts up. "Pharaoh " " Wait ya suppose to be dead ass baby daddy ?" She whispers. " Yes " I roll my eyes " nigga been alive this whole time " " Okay , well then why is my mans ex-wife here with him " she points out " say that again " I felt my anger rising. " I said Nari hoe ass is here and is all in Raina's face " referring to my 3-year-old daughter. " Lets go. We made our way over there and before I could reach her Kain and my father stepped in front of me. " Not today " was all he said. " Take the kids in the house if you know what's good for you " " Son her eyes are black " my father says in a worrisome tone. " Shit !" He curses , moving out my way "Chazen go inside baby ! " she yells at my nephew ( Cha-Zen). Kain grabbed my hand but I snatched away moving closer to them " Raina baby is she bothering you ?" " Yes mama she said ha and daddy use to have zex. " " Go inside baby " " Pharaoh move " Kain says. " Why are her eyes like that ? " he asks.

He sighs" She was diagnosed with a personality disorder after Zeus was born , when her eyes go black she's no longer in control." " Then who is this ? I smirk " the names Princess and I'm just trying to figure out why she is here " pointing at Nari. " I invited her " he says, I chuckle " how convenient first you fuck her while we were talking but then you bring the Bitch here , I'm guessing you ain't know ya girl and my husband use to fuck around or that I caught her giving him head a week ago." Kain's face fell " didn't think I knew huh ? But back to you Zeus how could you I mean that was my brothers wife and your bestfriend " " Can I just beat her ass already " Chardae says. " Not today ma " Nasir says coming up behind her wrapping his hands around her waist.

Pharaoh looked at Nari " Is this true ? " " Yes " she mumbles. "Baby I'm sorry " Kain says pleading. " Oh see no it don't work like that Nahla and I already agreed to stay with you on a price " I smirk. " Can I have her back please ?" He begs. " Fine " I roll my eyes. " Baby " he tried touching me. " Don't " I move. " What was the agreement you and princess made ?" Referring to my dangerous twin inside my head. " Don't worry about " I say moving closer to Pharaoh " I have a proposition for you " "Whatever it is you know I'm down " he says licking his lips. " Oh you'll be down alright " I smirk walking off.

Kain was gonna feel the hurt I felt