Twenty Three

| Kain Romero |

" Nari brought a long sleeve dress and some sandals its over there in a bag" "Thank god " she says getting up to go change" Is there any update on Pharaoh?" She asks while slipping the dress on." Not yet I don't need you worrying about him right now I need you to focus on lu'l man " " Why were you there ? " " I - " She cut me off " and don't lie that man said your his nephew and I heard Cartel. I sighed running my hands down my face " My last name is Romero my uncle is Jefe , I needed to find you and Pharaoh was gettin his dick wet not even trying, I paid him a visit some days ago flipping shit on him I fount out who helped get you and your not gonna like it "

" Have you ever ? " " Yea I stopped a few weeks before I met you , I no longer wanted that life for me " I say honestly. " What Ethnicity are you ?" She asks." Black and Italian but I identify more as black " " Thank you for coming " she says " you know I got you " " knock knock how are you feeling ?" The doctor asks. " How the fuck do you think she feel huh?"

" I'm sorry I didn't mean any harm by that I'm Dr. Albert we ran a few test and everything is fine with the both of you who ever did this to knew what they were doing I'd take it easy for these next few months " " is that it ? " she asks. " I recommend you stay with somebody " he says." She can stay with me doc. "

" Great ! I'll have the nurse bring ya discharge papers " he says leaving the room. " Can you call to see if Pharaoh is okay ? " " Yea give me a sec " I says taking my phone out calling Nasir. " Say bruh what's the word? " " He gone man " he says sniffling. " Shit ! When ? " I ask. "A few minutes ago he went into shock and his heart stopped." I looked up and her eyes met mine " Let me call you back " I hung up. " What's wrong ?" She asks. " He didn't make it " I seen the tears form in her eyes " I knew he wasn't gone make it " "He knew too, he left me a letter to give you after he died " I pull the letter out.

" I don't wanna read it right now , has anyone called his mother ? " " Nah I'm not sure shorty."  She sighs " even though he was shitty towards me he had his moments where he was a sweetheart " she cried some more. " Come hea' " She shook her head no. " Man come hea' now " " I just want to be left alone right now , I don't mind you sitting there but just be quiet please " " Nah not happenin you don't need to stress so get all the crying out now cause once we leave it gotta stop " " can you find the nurse " she says in a tone.

" Yea. I sighed heavily , this was a test and I'm not sure if I can pass it . Leaving the room I shook my head how was I gone help her when I don't even like the nigga? I let the thought go and made my way to the nurses station.

" Excuse me " I say interrupting their conversation, " yes ? " she says biting her lip. " My wife is in room 1 and we need her discharge papers " " I'll bring them to her right away " she says rolling her eyes." Thanks "

•••

| Nahla Amari |

" She bringin em' now " he says. " thanks " " you good but let me holla at you for a minute though I know you don't wanna read the letter but I think you should it might be important." he says "I'll read it in the car I just wanna get out of here honestly " " I know give it a few more minutes " " I know this is the wrong time to probably say this but I love you " I say truthfully.

" Come hea ' " I sat on his lap " yes " " this ain't the wrong time shorty I been wanting to tell you for 2 weeks now and you being gone made me realize I love yo ass fa real " " really ? Pregnant and all? " " Pregnant and all I love you and lu'l man " he says smiling. " I love you too " " man fuck them discharge papers let's go "  I blew out a raspberry " finally!"

" I had them bring my car I know you didn't wanna be in his " he says grabbing my hand. " I didn't even know that was his car "  " Yea he left money in the trunk for whoever killed Angelo I didn't wanna ride around with that " he says. " How much ? " " 10 mil " he mumbles opening the car door  "leave it up to him " I dry chuckle. " Here " he says handing me the letter. I opened the letter and began reading.

Dear Princess ,
If your reading this then I'm gone and I just want to say I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart princess , I never meant to hurt you, but I did exactly that , sometimes it was intentional sometimes it wasn't . I originally planned to sell you after I took you but then I started feel for you and I lost sight of my plan , when you ended up in the hospital because of Nicky I didn't know how to act I was torn between you and her and when I let her live I had chosen her I thought it would make me not want you but it made me want you more . I wanna apologize for leaving the doctors appointment as well it was wrong of me to be jealous when I had made the decision to miss out on so much . I left you all my cars , houses and money I emptied all the safes and put the money in your room in the closet , when you give birth to our son I want you to name him Zeus Dominic Romero because if it wasn't for Kain stepping in and stepping up I'd be a dead beat so please forgive for every wrong doing that I have.
I Love You Always
- Pharaoh