Chapter 17: Bandaged Hearts

*ASHTON'S POV*

We sat in the hospital room. I watched Coree's face. It seemed to twitch. Like she was having a nightmare. Harley sobbed in the corner. I tried hard not to cry but I couldn't help it. I was falling for her but she would never know.

In just a split second the EKG thing flat lined. Within seconds nurses were storming in. They asked us to leave. Harley could barley move as this could be the death of her bestfriend.

Outside her room we heard a loud voice say, "clear" then a shock. I jumped when I heard the buzz.

About 15 minutes passed and we heard a scream for help.... It was From Coree. She was alive. At that point I couldn't hold back the tears. They weren't sad tears anymore. They were happy. I was just happy she was alive. I was happy I won't be alone anymore. We weren't aloud back in the room so we all left.

Michael drove home. Harley had stop crying and seemed back to normal. Though she was still kinda phased she was able to hide it.

It was a long drive home. By the time we got to the house, CALUM was asleep and so was Harley. We woke CALUM up but luke carried Harley in. I watched as they all went to their own rooms. I'm pretty positive Harley is in Luke's room.

I stayed downstairs. I sat on the couch and turned on the news. Big mistake! Coree was all over it. The plane crash and everything. Out of the whole flight there was only 17 survivors. The children were the worst part. All but one died.

*******MORNING*******

I didn't get much sleep. I remember waking up about every hour. I heard someone coming up the stairs at about 8 when I was fixing to leave.

"Where are you going?" Harley asked rubbing her eyes.

"Just to the hospital," I said grabbing my jacket and a hat, "I wanted to see how she is doing."

"Can I ask you something?" She said walking over and sitting on a bar stool.

"Go head." Multiple things went through my head but, the question she asked wasn't one of them.

"What's the deal. You told her to leave and now you care more than anything about her. Why?" She said confused and fiddling her thumbs. I wasn't sure what to say. But I managed what I could. "I was honestly upset. I couldn't stand to see her with another guy. It was painful. That morning I was going to tell her how I truly felt about her."

"Which was?"

"I think I'm in love with her..." I trailed off.

"Then why are you still here? Go fucking tell her before that dick Drew does." Harley said encouraging me.

"Good idea." I said grabbing the keys and practically sprinting out.

I walked in to the hospital and got the visitors pass. They moved her from critical care to just the resting side of the hospital. As I got in the elevator there was a rather nice looking nurse in there with me. I started have second thoughts.

The nurse told me her name was Ana. She was shorter with blonde/brown hair and was really tan. We were both going to the same floor. Same room. She asked me about my relationship status after I told her my name. I told her it was complicated.

I walked in and Coree was still sleeping. It was early so I didn't expect her to be awake. Ana followed me and woke her. Rude...

She had to give her medicine. After she took it she looked over at me. As ana was leaving she looked at me and winked. Uh, wtf. Coree sat up. "What are you doing here?" She said in the meanest way.

"I have to tell you something, something important," I replied.

"Well can't it wait?"

"No." I said standing up and walking over to her. I grabbed her hand and then said, "I've been thinking, I shouldn't have gotten that mad. I shouldn't have told you to leave. I was wrong. I was only that mad because..." I looked down and paused. "I think I'm in love with you." I said looking back up into her eyes. That filled with something I've never seen before.

"Ashton... I feel the same way." She started crying and gripped my hand harder. I felt the bandages as I rubbed her hand. She cringed with each touch. She was covered in burns all over her body.

[A/N] wtf she is alive. I'm not sure if you picked up that last chapter was just Coree dreaming. And really why was harry just randomly there? Like why? Maybe you will find out next chapter!!

VOTE

COMMENT

TELL FRIENDS!!!!! :) xx