Chapter 35 ~ Life In Water

"W-what?"

"Hello Sang."

The sound of his voice made me jump. The water rippled around me and the glass box I was in made me feel feral. So I growled at him. 

He chuckled. "No matter how hard I tried to keep you inside under the radar and away from everybody, you still managed to find a way to meet him and learn about who we are."

"We?"

"Yes Sang. You're a wolf. Just like me. Just like him. Except of course you're weak and pathetic which is why you never shifted."

"I hate you!" I screamed at him, rage blinding my vision and making my blood boil. I can't believe I spent the last weeks pitying him, feeling sorry for ever leaving him the way I do. 

"Yeah I know. But whether you like it or not, you're going to be my mate. I've waited years for you to finally reach maturity, and I planned for it to happen naturally, but circumstances proved difficult for those plans. Nonetheless here we are."

"You're a monster. How could you ever think I'd be with you willingly!?"

"Because you have no choice. No one is coming to save you."

I tried reaching out to Aiden with my mind, but I felt nothing. The warm fuzzy feeling which is usually there is gone, like -

"The glass box is preventing the telepathy, in case you were wondering."

I growled again. 

"Push the button again."

The rumble from the pipe started again, and the pressure of the water from above me pushed me down into the water which was filling the box. I coughed and spluttered, clawing at the glass. 

The water subsided, and I was left coughing my guts up and inhaling oxygen like there was no tomorrow. 

"If you don't cooperate, the box will fill and you won't have any oxygen to breathe. Or the oxygen will just run out and you'll die."

"What do you want from me!"

"You're not listening!" He yelled. "After my mate died, I spiralled into the depth of despair, and shortly after the rage I felt was blinding. I started being reckless, and I knew without my mate to keep my wolf at bay, I would become more reckless."

Of course, you're not the perfect substitute, but you'll do."

So he did have a mate. The others were wrong. How could we have missed this piece of information. But I didn't think a wolf could have a second mate. It was impossible.

"I'll never be with you."

"We'll see about that."

He walked out the way he came, with black coat dude following behind him. The door slammed shut, and I dropped onto my knees. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of seeing me cry, but I wanted to bawl my eyes out. 

Hey guys, this chapter didn't turn out the way I wanted it to but it's still a work in progress. Hope y'all enjoy so far :)