Part 26

'1510 words'

' we're all trying to forget someone.' - six word story

""""""""""""""""""""""

Jasmin's POV:

I woke up early this morning since I have a morning shift today. I made myself some pancakes and orange juice for breakfast, and then I went in the room and decided on my brown loose pants and a white slim t-shirt (up). I left my hair down instead of the bun it's always in and put on my beige wide heels and left to the office.

It's been a few days since that night. Mom kept calling me all day long that day asking if I was okay, I guess she had a feeling that something was off in my voice but I stood my ground and kept it hidden. Hamza, too, kept calling and texting me. He insisted that I move to my parents' house but I refused to let that robbery get into me and ruin my routine so I refused every time he would open the subject. He came to my office yesterday to 'check on me' as he said. He sent roses to my apartment the day before and just been really persistent I go on a date with him. Of course, I refused and still refusing to let him think that I forgot everything even if I might have started forgiving him.

As I was reading a new patient's file my phone rang. I checked the caller id and found Hamza's name on the screen. I smile crept on my lips and picked up.

" Hello," I decided it would be fun to play a little prank on him, maybe get him a little jealous. It's always sexy to watch your man get possessive over you, " Zayn? Is that you?"

" It's me, Hamza!" he said jealousy and annoyance laced with his voice.

" Oh, Hamza. Hi, " I tried to sound disappointed. When I really wanted to laugh my eyes out.

" Yeah, Hamza," he stayed quiet for a second and said," Who's Zayn?"

I covered the phone with my free hand for him not to hear my laugh.

" He's a guy I just met, anyways sorry I didn't check the caller's id it's just that Zayn and I had plans for tonight and I expected him to call," I managed to finish my sentence without blowing the prank.

" Why would you have plans with this guy?" this time anger filled his voice.

" Because I want to go out and he'll take me so..." lame excuse I know but I ran out of ideas.

" I'll take you if you want to go out, you don't need him to take you out,"

" Bye Hamza, I've got to go. Zayn might call any minute now and I don't want my line to be busy when he does. I, also have a lot of work to do," I said.

" Jasmin, you're NOT going out with him. Jasmin," those were his last words before I cut the line and laughed. My jealous idiot.

.

.

.

Moments later, a nurse came in to inform me that the patient was at the therapy room. Like always, I left my phone at the office and went to work my magic. The therapy session took half an hour after I was done the patient came back with me to my office for me to sign on his file and tell him what to do and avoid while on therapy.

As I opened the door to my office, I saw Hamza sitting on the chair.

" I've been call..." He stopped when he saw the patient behind me, " is that him?" This patient is no old man. He is quite a sportive young man with light brown hair and muscular body. You might think what does he need therapy for? Well, he lifted some really heavy metal at the gym faster than his muscles could react and ended up injuring his left-hand muscles. He's not going to need much therapy though just a few sessions and I lot of rest.