there's a confused tree

there's a confused tree. half barren, half bearing green leaves - chimneysweep synapses in the cortex of a palm tree.

the tree is nuding her leaves in the snowstorm. feels herself a fool and an outsider amongst the gigantic concrete exteriors of the ugly trees with windows. for all their blinking lights, those trees don't talk.

the nuding tree envies the skyscrapers. she reminisces on the days when Moscow was but a set of wooden huts beside a river and her leafy ancestors towered over all creatures as an interwoven legion. a legion of sunlight.

only the birds dared fly above the dizzying heights of the canopy. but the birds revered the trees, not like these two legged apes.

the trees raised these apes! protected them! and now these hairless softlings chop and burn and cage.

the tree stares at the rectangular trees with her manifold peacock leaves. she tries to hide her hatred while Autumn is looking. let him think she's incapable of hating. she rather fancies Autumn. undresses for that satyr prince.

it works away at the ground
inwardly groaning and straining to
push past the cement little by little,
to grow around and around every pipe it can find
and worm its way under every heavy concrete tree
someday, the concrete trees will fall

until then
she waits
with injured pride
a knowing sneer in
her hollow