1. The Next Step

"Move in with me" Josh murmurs, running his fingers up and down my back as we lie tangled in the sheets of yet another hotel bed.

I sit up abruptly, placing my hand on his chest as I stare down at him in shock. "You want me to move in with you? W-where are we going to live?" I ask confusedly. He smiles.

"I'm getting an apartment in New York. It's our home and I think it's time we start getting serious about our future."

"Josh this is insane. You're a rockstar, it's going to be impossible for you to spend all your time in New York. Renting an apartment is just a waste of money."

He shakes his head. "I'm not going to be gone that much. With the tour wrapping up we'll be finishing up our debut album and I already put in my request for studio time in the city."

"But the label wants you in LA."

He nods. "And when they really need me I'll go but New York is my home and I want to start building a life with you."

My heart swells as I lean down to peck his lips. "When do we sign the lease?" I ask giddily and his smile turns into a wide grin as he pulls me back on top of him.

~

"I still can't believe this is our place...and that we can actually afford it" I add, looking out the large floor to ceiling windows looking out over the city. I could see Broadway from the comfort of my living room and my dreams had never seemed to close before.

This year I was starting my sophomore year at MSA and while it was a long shot I was hopeful that this was my year. There was an audition for The Nutcracker in just two weeks and if I nailed it and got even the slightest role ot could open hundreds of opportunities for me.

"Dreaming again?" Josh asks, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my neck. I nod, my eyes fluttering shut as his assault on my neck continues.

"What else do you do in New York?" I ask playfully, reaching back to wrap my arm around his neck.

"I could think of a few things" he smirks against my skin. I giggle, biting my lip as he slips his hand under my shirt-.

Knock. Knock.

"Seriously" Josh groans, letting go of me. "We haven't even given anyone our address yet" he complains, walking towards the door and pulling it open to reveal a guy with jet black hair tied up in a man bun wearing what appeared to be a leotard. My eyes widen. He was did ballet.

"Uh hi. I'm Christian but my friends call me Chris. I uh saw you guys moving in boxes this morning but I had to get to practice so I didn't have time to introduce myself. I live across the hall.

I walk closer to the door and stand beside Josh. "I'm Maya and this is my boyfriend Josh. Do you happen to go to MSA?" I ask curiously but he laughs.

"I wish. Unfortunately ballet is a new passion of mine so MSA didn't exactly think I had what it took" he explains. "But I assume you attend the prestigious establishment."

I nod. "I do."

"That's where we met" Josh interjects. "And uh while it was nice to meet you we have a dinner to get ready for so uh" he closes the door and my eyes widen.

"Josh that was incredibly rude."

He rolls his eyes. "He was rude, checking you out like I wasn't in the room."