30. Raspberry Reunion

Two weeks. It didn't seem so long, standing in the middle of the airport and saying goodbye to Josh but it had actually felt like an eternity. But perhaps that was because my best friend was practically on her honeymoon in the middle of my living room.

I had finally put my foot down and gave her hours in which she and her boyfriend were to remain fully clothed so that I could actually enjoy my living space. But that just led to me being kept up all night so really, I couldn't win.

To make matters worse, my morning sickness had started lasting well into the afternoon which meant that during my actual alone time I was stuck in the bathroom. I only hoped it would start tapering off now in the next few weeks as I got ready to enter my second trimester.

I'm getting ready to leave my apartment for the airport now, getting changed and staring at my reflection in the mirror. I wasn't that much bigger than the last time Josh had seen me, my bump just starting to look more so like I was expecting rather than just gaining weight but I knew he would still be dramatic about it. I smile, rubbing my hand over my belly. "Your dad is crazy about you, you know that?"

I finish getting ready, changing from my pajamas into a pair of jeans and an MSA sweatshirt before sliding into my Converse and heading out to the living room. Thankfully, both my friends had morning classes so I have the entire apartment to myself.

I walk into the kitchen, pull the fridge door open and grab a yogurt to eat while I wait for Josh before scooping my keys off the kitchen counter and heading out.

The airport was a bit of a drive from our apartment but I didn't mind it. It wasn't like I had anything better to do with my time since I had decisively dropped out of school and walked away from the play. I place my hand over my bump again at a red light, thinking of how in a few months the baby growing inside me will be in my arms. The thought filled me with nerves a few weeks ago, staring down at that pregnancy test because how was I going to be a mother? My own mother was never home, I was practically raised by Cory and Topanga. And yet, the nerves were slowly subsiding into something else entirely.

I was excited.

Together, me and Josh had created a life. A tiny human that we get to raise and there was nothing that could compare to the intense happiness that that fact brought me.

I ease back into traffic and finish my drive, pulling into the parking lot about fifteen minutes before Josh's flight is set to land so, I throw the car in park and climb out, taking my yogurt with me as I walk into the bustling airport.

There's a bank of seats near his gate which I deem the perfect place to rest my feet. I sigh in relief sitting down and tearing the lid off my yogurt.

I take small bites, knowing that the baby gets angry if I eat too fast and watch as people walk by. Some have adorable reunions like the one I'm hoping to have with Josh while others simply walk outside to wait for their Ubers. I hope they have someone waiting for them wherever they're going.

I couldn't imagine getting off a flight and not having arms to run into.

"Guess who." I literally look away for a millisecond to dip my spoon back into my yogurt when he appears making me giggle as I turn around to face him. His megawatt grin is blinding. "Miss me?"

I could cry because yes, I missed him. Our distant phone calls were nothing compared to this. "So much" I exclaim, jumping out of my seat and throwing my arms around him, my breakfast forgotten on my seat. "Don't ever leave me again" I insist, only half joking. I know he has to go just a couple short days after Thanksgiving but as my pregnancy got further along and Riley and Lucas got more nauseating, I couldn't help but wish I could be selfish and make him end his tour to stay with me.