5|I Can Trust You |

John's POV

"Hey John." Alex said. He was acting quite strange. I examined him until i found small writing on his arm. "Alex....? What is on your arm? "Oh! Nothing." He said, nervously. "Alex......" "FINE. Its Eliza's number."

I froze. " Her... N-number..?"

"Yeah." Alex said. Then his phone rang. "Sorry guys. It's Eliza." and he walked out.

"Well shit." Herc said. Peggy, Herc and Laf are the only ones who know I like Alex. I need to tell Eliza before anything happens. I quickly shoot her a text.

TuRtLeS: Hey Eliza I just wanted you to know I like Alex. I know you probably like him, but I feel like I can trust you. Peggy, Herc and Laf are the only other ones who know. I'm sorry if I just ruined your day.

I put my phone down and turn towards Herc and Laf. "Mon ami its gonna be alright." Laf said, trying, but failing to be reassuring. Alex walked back in with the same face he walked out with.

"So....What did you guys talk about?" I said, trying to start a conversation.

"Nothing much. She is my partner for one of my classes and-"

My phone buzzes.It was a text from Eliza.

eLIZZZAAAA: What are you talking about? First: I already have a boyfriend. Second: I gave Alex my number so that we talk about the project. He hadn't met me yet since he had to stay after class to finish up a different assignment. Third: Alex told me not to tell anyone this but he is bi. Only I know this but we just talked (obviously). I support you John. GO GET 'EM TIGER!

I laughed at the last part.

I needed to get out of this dorm. " Hey Alex!" I yelled. " What"? said a faint voice from his bedroom. "You wanna grab some coffee with me?"

"Sure. Why not." he said, and walked out of his bedroom, smiling.

Alex's POV

We walked into the coffee shop and waited in the long line of also tired students. When we got up to the front I ordered a black coffee, and John ordered a coffee with sugar and LOTS of cream. We sat down at a little table in the corner. " Alex! So I was wondering about your story. Uh- I mean, I KNOW you come from the Caribbean and that your dad left you and your mom died."

I felt like I could trust him. I mean I DO have a crush on him after all.

I sighed. " My mom died from an illness we both got. My brother and I moved in with my cousin, who later committed suicide. After that happened, a major hurricane hit, our town was destroyed. People noticed how we were struggling. They passed around a plate that eventually got to us with a note that said " Keep it!" and we thought that was our ticket to a better life. Sadly, it was only enough for one of us to get on the ship. My brother let me go. I hugged him goodbye and that was the last I had ever seen him."

"Wow...." He said, shocked.

"Thanks for telling me" " I feel like I can trust you." I responded.

"Hey, John?"

"Yeah?"

I leaned in and kissed him.