23| The Bridge....|

{A/N: It's been exactly 12 days since the last time I updated. It a short chapter btw. Also this is ending soon. Okay bye}

Alex's POV

" I think I'm ready." I was shocked. I never thought John would say that so soon.

I took his hand and nodded in reply. I couldn't even open my mouth to say one word. That's how shocked I was.

Everything felt right, and everything felt like it was back to normal.

"So..... The year is almost over.... We will be seniors next year!" John tried to start a conversation.

" Yep! I'm kind of excited." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

John's phone began to ring. " Just a second, Alex." He said, and pressed the answer button.

" Hello? Yes that would be me. Excuse me, but who is it again?" Then the room went dead silent.

"T-thank you..." He said, while tears began to fall down his face. He got up, and ran out the door. Then I bolted out of my seat, and tried to catch up with him.

He ended up getting in his car. I quickly hopped in, and he drove until we got to the hospital.

Ohhhhhhhhh shit.

John's POV

I busted in the doors, and ran up to the desk.

" John Laurens. Pe- I mean Margarita Schuyler's emergency contact." I nearly almost shouted.

" She is in surgery right now, but the fourth floor, and wait in the waiting room." She said with very little sympathy.

I sprinted over to the elevator, Alex closely behind.

We got up there and I just walked over to a chair. I couldn't believe some idiot shot Peggy while she was driving! She ended up crashing into another car, who crashed into another car.

It was going to be a long night.....

- A few weeks later-

They keep telling me that she is not getting better. I didn't want to hear those words.

" I'll be right back." I told Alex, and he nodded.

I walked to my favorite place. It was a huge bridge, and beneath it was soft grass with flowers in it.

Then I thought about something.

Peggy isn't going to get any better.I could jump off. I would jump off.....

The worse part about this all.....?

I did jump off.

{ Surprise....!}