chapter eight

~*~

        Adonia mixed the cookie batter together, staring at the brown mush as several emotions swirled around her gut, she didn't know why she was so angry, or what ever she felt, and Mal scanned over Adonia's spell book, "Alright, it says that we still need one tear, and I never cry."

        Adonia looked away as she sniffled, she never cried, and here she was, wanting to ball her face off, but she bit the inside of her cheek. What ever she felt, it sure as heck wasn't anger.

        "Let's just chop up some onions." Carlos shrugged, and Adonia shook her head. She had read all the directions, all the ingredients, it had to be a special kind of tear.

        "It says 'one tear of human sadness'," Adonia whispered as she turned the batter over and over with the wooden spoon, "and my mom wrote in big letters to follow it exactly, so that's what we need to do."

        Jay shrugged, confused as to what was the difference, "A tear's a tear."

        "That's not true, Jay," Evie explained, sprinkling some salt into the batter, "they both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein-based hormones than a reflex tear."

        "You're so smart," Adonia complimented Evie smiling slightly, and the blue haired girl blushed and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

        Carlos and Jay poked fun at each other, while Evie, Mal, and Adonia tried to figure out how to get a tear. Adonia opened her mouth, but before she could say anything, Lonnie walked into the kitchen.

        "I was looking for you, Doni," Lonnie smiled at the blonde, who internally cringed at the nickname, everyone was calling her that, and it was something she was just going to have to get used to, "you know, all the girls want you to do their hair!"

        Adonia sent a glare toward Mal, next girl who asked was her problem. Lonnie looked around before coming up to inspect the bowl, Mal swiftly covering Adonia's book with a napkin, "Midnight snack, huh? What you guys making?"

        "I decided I'd try and make some cookies," Adonia lied through her teeth, and before she could stop her, Lonnie dipped her finger into the batter, and tasted the brown goop.

        "What?" Lonnie looked at the villain kids weirdly, before wiping her finger off on a towel, "I'm not gonna double dip."

        "Feel anything?" Evie asked carefully, eying Lonnie suspiciously, though the girl did nothing, simply raised a brow.

        "Yeah," Mal agreed, leaning forward slightly, "like maybe it might be missing something?"

        Jay hopped off the counter and leaned on a post, sending a flirty smirk Lonnie's way. Though despite his flirty efforts, Lonnie simply gave him a blank look, before walking around him and opening a cupboard, "It could use some chips."

        "Chips?" Adonia's face scrunched in disgust, she had watched two kids eat chips at lunch, and if Lonnie and her were thinking of the same chips, Adonia didn't want any of those deep-fried potato slices in her cookies.

        "Chocolate chips," Lonnie enthusiastically giggled, sprinkling some of the chocolate into the batter, "just the most important food group."

        The villain kids looks at her like she was crazy, and she tilted her head to the side in thought, "Wait, didn't your moms ever make you guys, like, chocolate chip cookies?"

        Adonia looked away at that, Circe didn't know how to cook, or bake for that matter. And those who could didn't exactly like to share. Mal placed a comforting hand on Adonia's shoulder, and the blonde looked up as Lonnie continued, "Like, when you're feeling sad, and they're fresh from the oven, with a big old glass of milk, and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective and..."

        Lonnie trailed off when she saw how sad the kids looked. Her heart broke when she noticed that Adonia looked ready to break down, her eyes flashing a violet color, "why are you all looking at me like that?"

        "It's not like that back at home." Adonia swallowed thickly, looking away from Lonnie. Lonnie didn't know any better, Adonia couldn't get mad at her, she didn't know.

        "Yeah, I know, I just, you know," Lonnie explained, moving her hands around to help her achieve her point, "I thought even villains love their kids."

        Adonia sniffled at Lonnie's words, her eyes completely purple as sadness crept through her veins. Lonnie teared up, "Oh, how awful."

        Adonia was quick to swipe the rear that fell from Lonnie's cheek and she dripped it into the bowl, "No need to cry, it's okay, but we have to get these into the oven."

         Mal nodded at Adonia's words, smiling a fake smile at Lonnie, "Really have a good night, we'll see you tomorrow, evil dreams."

        Lonnie walked away calling out a goodnight, and Adonia mixed the tear into the batter, and Mal told everyone where to go. Jay and Carlos grabbed a cookie tray, and Evie went to go pre-heat the oven, calling out a 'yes ma'am'.

        As Adonia put the cookies on the tray, she couldn't help but feel guilty. She didn't want to do this anymore, she didn't care what her mom had to say. She shook away her thoughts, she needed to do this, so her mom would finally be proud of her, even if Adonia didn't want any part of this anymore.

~*~

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}