chapter seventeen

~*~

       Kyra didn't seem to care about all the rude stares that were directed her way. And Adonia finally had the pleasure of meeting Evan. Ben was trying to be around Adonia as much as he could, but prince-ly duties were beginning to add up.

"Carlos, don't pay any attention to them, alright?" Kyra had told the boy, placing a hand on his cheek, "just focus on me, okay? I'll always be here for you."

       Mal leaned onto Evan, the raven-haired boy putting an arm over her shoulder, "They're irrelevant, don't let them get to you."

       "Hey, guys. How is everyone?" Ben rushed out as he quickly kissed Adonia's cheek, making the blonde blush immensely, "Hey, listen, forget about it, alright? It was nothing."

       Adonia's lip quivered, and Ben placed a hand on her cheek, making her look at him, and he leaned closer to her, "Let it go, tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay; I have to go, but I'll see you guys later."

       Adonia wanted to tell Ben to come back, to keep protecting her, but he was already gone. Doug attempted to talk to Evie, though Chad was quick to call him away. Leaving Evie glum and feeling guilty.

       "I'm sorry." Adonia whispered to her friends, her fingers picking at each other. A habit she wished to get rid of. She wanted to go home, she wanted to see her mom. She needed that wand.

       Audrey and a few girls, including Jane, had gathered around. Their whispers reaching the VK's ears.

       "How long does she think that's gonna last?" Audrey sneered, looking directly at Adonia with jealousy, "Doni is just the bad girl infatuation."

       "Yeah," Jane agreed with a mean giggle, turninf against the girl who had helped her, "I mean, he's never gonna make a villain a queen."

       Adonia's eyes flashed purple, the same colored mist swirling from her hands, but it dispersed when Mal placed a hand on her shoulder, mumbling the spell, "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair."

       "Ew!"

       Jane cried out, touching her dull hair, and Mal's eyes flashed a neon green. She was so tired of hearing all of their crap and hearing her friends getting dragged through the mud. She needed to stand up for her family, "There's a lot more where that came from."

       "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" Audrey asked, though she flinched when Adonia stood up, crossing her arms over her chest to hide the fact that she was scared of the blonde who held Ben's heart.

       "Do I look like I'm kidding?" Mal growled out, before grabbing Adonia's hand, the blonde grabbing Evie's, as the purple-haired girl muttered to her friends, "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow."

       As the three girls stormed away, Carlos and Jay quickly caught up, leaving Evan and Kyra at the table to try and process what had happened. But Mal didn't care as she leaned toward her friend group, "Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand."

       "Agreed."

~*~

       The coronation was happening in a blink. Adonia barely had time to process what was happening. One moment she was doing homework, and the next Evie was fitting her in her dress.

       A dark green dress fit for a queen, is what Evie had told her. Her blonde hair was curled, and rested on her shoulders lightly. Her lips painted with a bright red, looking both poisonous and inviting at the same time.

       Across the ocean, at the Isle, the VK's parents were staring at the TV Circe had installed expectantly. Circe sat behind, her fingers tracing over the rose she cared about so very much, only looking at the television when a comment was made.

       "I want that wand!" Maleficent yelled at the screen when an image of the Fairy Godmother and her wand showed up. Circe rolled her eyes. If she got her hands on the wand first, she would shrink Maleficent. A battle between the magical, hmm? Circe smirked to herself as Cruella made a crude comment to what Maleficent had said.

       Circe couldn't wait to get back to her daughter and her friends. She wanted to prove that she was good, show the people her daughter had befriended at Auradon that she was good, just like her daughter.

~*~

       "Don't be nervous, all you have to do is sit there and look beautiful," Ben complimented, grabbing Adonia's hand, "No problem there."

       "Thank you." Adonia blushed, but she quickly swallowed thickly. Thinking about the brownies she had brought with her. She tried to shake off her nerves.

       "Adonia," Ben whispered, getting close to her face, the crowd around them cheering, but Ben paid them no mind as he pulled the gold band off his finger, "would you wear my ring?"

       "Now? I'm afraid it would fall off," Adonia tried to avoid Ben's wishes, pushing his hand down, and instead pulled out the brownie, "I have something for you."

       "Homemade brownies?"

       "Yeah, it's just for later," Adonia explained, though she felt awkward, "just in case you get hungry or something, you know?"

       "Always thinking," Ben chuckled, but before Adonia could process what he was doing, he shoved the brownie in his mouth, spewing out "But I can't wait."

       "No!"

       "This is really good." Panic. That is all Adonia felt as she stared at Ben. She gulped her nerves down, asking how the to-be King felt. He chewed before swallowing, and Adonia quickly asked if he was okay.

       "You bet." Ben smiled, and Adonia wanted to cry. Was he still in love with her? What was she going to do now?

       "Do you, uh, do you still have strong feelings for me?"

       "I'm not sure," Ben pondered, before he continued, "I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect."

       "Oh, yeah, okay," Adonia mumbled. Though she quickly grew confused, and Ben laughing at her only made her grow embarrassed, "How did you... how did you know?"

       "What? That you spelled me?" Ben laughed, watching as Adonia nodded profusely, and he wiped away any crumbs from the brownie, before he shrugged, "Yeah. Yeah, I knew."

       Adonia's eyes grew wide, "I can explain myself!"

       "No, look, It's fine," Ben quickly shushed her, calming her nerves as he got extremely close to her face again, "I mean, you had a crush on me, I was with Audrey, and you didn't trust that it could happen on its own; am I right?"

       She didn't have the heart to tell him that he was wrong, that she was supposed to be stealing the wand but found him instead, so she just nodded, a small smile gracing her lips, "You are, so, then, how long have you known?"

       "Since our first date." Ben shrugged, looking around at those around him, giving a few waves here and there, to which Adonia mimicked, "Your spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake."

       "So then what?" Adonia questioned, looking down at her hands. Had he been lying? Stringing her along? Her heart cracked as she overthought, "You've just been faking it since then?"

        "I haven't been faking anything." Ben's eyes only showed true adoration for the girl sitting beside him, and he slipped the gold band on her finger.

~*~

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}