chapter twenty one

~*~

Fireworks went off over Adonia's head as she danced with Mal and Evie. Evan carried Ben along with some other guys on their shoulders. Adonia let out a laugh before belting out, "Oh yeah..."

"Oh yeah, yeah!" Mal joined in, the trio dancing around to the beat of the music, and Evie added her own sassy twist as she sang, "Let's set it off, oh yeah, you can make it happen!"

Ohay, ohay hey!

"Kings and Queens, it's our time to rise, write the book story of our lives," Ben sang, standing in the center of the courtyard patio, his hands raised,
"this is us taking back the night!"

Ohay, ohay

Ben held his arm out to Adonia, and she smiled, skipping toward her boyfriend, "Break the spell, we were born this way, be yourself, forget the DNA, everybody raise your hands and say..."

Ohay, Ohay

Together, Mal and Evie sang, harmonizing as they danced with Evan and Doug, standing on opposite sides of the patio, "Sound the alarm, get on your feet, let's set it off and rock this beat, dance till your heart is wild and free!"

Ooh, Oh, Oh

"Feeling the power, let it all out," Evan belted, as he dipped Mal, leaning close to her face only for her to turn away, "Like what you see in the mirror, shout, we got the keys, the kingdom's ours!"

Ooh, Oh, Oh,

Ohay, Ohay Hey

"Let's set it off, oh yeah," Adonia laughed as she sang, dancing with Ben, twirling and feeling free, "Start a chain reaction, never let it stop!"

"Let's set it off, oh yeah." Mal finally felt like herself for once as she danced with Evan, laughing and feeling carefree, no longer having to worry about her mother, "You can make it happen with everything you got!"

A giggle bubbled from Adonia's lips as Ben lifted her in the air, and she looked over to see Kyra sitting down on the bench (she said she can't dance) and looked over at Carlos, her eyebrow raised, before she burst into song again, "Let's set it off!
Get ready, set it off, come on, we got to set it off!"

On the right, get ready, set it off!
To the left, we got to set it off!

Carlos took the hint, as he and Jay skipped to wear Kyra was sitting, and he jumped over the bench, sitting beside her, "Yo, it's time to set this thing off, let's make it happen now!"

Kyra shook her head in protest as Carlos and Jay sang, holding their hands out for her to take, and slowly she did, a smile pulling across her lips, "I'll make my own future, ignore the rumors, show 'em my passion sound, they all told me to back down!"

"Show 'em my passion sound, judgin' me 'cause of my background," Carlos sang, spinning Kyra and making her laugh out loud. Jay sat down on the steps, allowing the happy couple to go ahead and dance without him, "Nah, I ain't goin' out like that now!"

Audrey stepped toward Jay, a surge of confidence filling her bones as she got Jay up on his feet, "Feeling the power, let it all out, like what you see in the mirror, shout!"

"We got the keys, the kingdom's ours!" Ben leaned toward Adonia, spinning her just like Carlos had spun Kyra. And she placed her hands on his chest, staring up at the boy who made her happiest.

Ooh Oh Oh

Oh yeah, let's set it off!

Oh yeah, let's set this off, start a chain reaction,n ever let it stop!

Let's set it off!

Let's set this off!

Oh yeah, let's set this off!

You can make it happen, with everything you got!

Let's set it off!

"Get ready, set it off, we got to set it off," Everyone sang in sync, Adonia and Ben in the middle of it all, "get ready, set it off, we got to set it off, get ready, set it off, we got to set it off, get ready to set it off!"

Three...
Two...
One...

Ben leaned down to kiss Adonia, but right before he could, she turned, his lips pressing her cheek. She laughed as the duo took off in opposite directions, running up the stairs.

Ooh yeah
Let's set it off
Oh yeah, let's set this off!
Start a chain reaction, never let it stop!
Let's set it off,  let's set this off!
Let's set this off!

Adonia rested her hands on Ben's chest, swaying to the beat of the music as those around her danced and sang. Ben smiled down at her, thinking to himself that she was the only girl for him.

You can make it happen,
with everything you got!
Let's set it off, get ready, set it off,
we go to set it off!
Get ready, set it off,
We got to set it off!

Ben leaned down, finally pulling Adonia in for a kiss, and when the couple pulled away, the blonde smirked to herself, looking over at the island,"You didn't think this was the end of the story, did you?"

Ben pulled Adonia in for a hug, as more fireworks went off. The happy couple stayed in their embrace, watching the fireworks go off, mimicking the fireworks Adonia felt in her heart.

~*~

oh my gosh, its over!!
should i write a sequel?
what should i do?
leave your thoughts in the comments!!

{i do not own disney descendants, but i do own adonia, so please do not steal her, thank you!}