Chapter Seven: Perfect

A/N: Thank-you OtherGayShitTM and thotamus_prime for the names! Also, thank-you to realawsomeliz and mike_faist for the suggestions! I'll use them in upcoming chapters, don't worry.

Jeremy walked into the hospital room to see Heidi holding her new daughter.

Jeremy's new sister.

He walked over, smiling.

"Hi, Jeremy," she said. "Would you like to hold her?" The baby was wrapped in a yellow blanket.

"Oh, I- Yes, please," he giggled a bit. He couldn't grasp the fact that he had a little sister.

He took the baby from Heidi and cradled her gently.

"Hi, there," he said softly. "I'm Jeremy. Your brother."

He smiled with pride at the newborn baby.

"Where's Evan?" Heidi asked.

Jeremy looked at Paul.

"Oh, um..." Paul said. "He's fine. He just had a bit of an... accident."

"What? Is he okay?" Heidi said, growing worried.

"He's okay," Jeremy explain. "He had a concussion."

"What? Why in the world did he ha-"

"Heidi, you should rest. Evan's okay," Paul said, trying to calm her down.

"I... okay," Heidi exhaled, lying down.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" Jeremy asked.

Heidi and Paul looked at each other. "Well," Heidi said. "We love the name Liliana. We just aren't sure on a middle name yet."

"Liliana Heere..." Jeremy said, trying out the name. "I love it."

"Liliana it is then," Heidi said. Paul nodded, smiling.

"Hello, Liliana," Jeremy said. "Do you want to hold her, dad?"

Paul smiled, tears of pride welling in his eyes. "I'd love to," he said, gently taking the baby from Jeremy.

"Hi, Lily," he said, crying a bit. "I'm your dad."

Jeremy looked over at Heidi. She was asleep.

"Dad, do you want me to go see how Evan is? Just to see if he can quickly come down to see Lily?" Jeremy asked.

Paul nodded. "That would be great. Thanks."

Jeremy walked out the room and down the hall, a bounce in his step, smiling.

He reached the waiting area, where Michael and Jared sat, looking tired. Their eyes widened when they saw Jeremy smiling.

"Any news?" Michael asked.

Jeremy nodded. "It's a girl! Liliana Heere. Still unsure on a middle name."

Jared and Michael grinned widely. "Can we see her?" Jared asked.

"Soon. I promise. We just wanted to see if Evan was in any shape to see her first."

"That's fine. He was awake when I went through, and he's okay, but he's limited to two visitors," Michael explained.

Jeremy nodded. "Thanks, Michael." He went through the doors to the ward they took Evan into.

He went up to the receptionists desk. "I'm here to see Evan Hansen," he told her.