Chapter Fourteen: Love

A/N: Thanks MyBrainHasGivenUp for the suggestion!

Evan stood in front of the mirror the next night, looking over his outfit.

He was wearing a light blue suit jacket with a white button down shirt and a black tie.

Evan heard a knock on the door, and Connor stepped in.

He was wearing a black suit jacket with a white button down shirt and a light blue tie, however the tie was undone and sitting across his shoulders.

"You look amazing," Connor said, smiling.

"You do, too," Evan blushed.

"Hey, this is going to sound really embarrassing, but could you please do up my tie?" Connor asked awkwardly.

Evan walked up to Connor, grabbing both ends of the tie still sitting on his shoulders.

"What's embarrassing about that?" Evan asked, beginning to tie a half-windsor.

"I don't know," Connor replied, shrugging. "I guess it's just the fact that I've forgotten how to tie a tie."

Evan tightened it, moving the knot up to Connor's neck.

"Nothing to be embarrassed about," he said, pulling him down by the tie and kissing him deeply.

Connor kissed back, wrapping his hands around the smaller boy's waist.

"Oh! Um, guys, we have to go now," they heard a voice say.

Evan reluctantly pulled away from Connor and saw Jeremy standing in the doorway awkwardly, looking at the floor.

"Sorry, Jeremy," Evan said, blushing a bit.

They both turned around to walk to the door.

"Hey, you guys are matching!" Jeremy exclaimed with a smile, gesturing to their outfits. "Was that intentional?"

"Maybe," Connor replied.

Jeremy laughed. "That's so cute. But anyway, we're leaving now."

Connor straightened his tie and followed Evan and Jeremy out of the room.

At the bottom of the stairs they were greeted by Michael, who was tossing his keys in the air and catching them.

"Ready?" He asked, nearly dropping his keys, but catching them before they hit the ground.

"Good one," Jeremy said, referring to the catching of the keys. "And yes."

"Cool," Michael said, walking towards the door. "Let's go."

***

"I can't believe my baby sister is engaged..." Connor said in the car.

"Her and Alana are really cute together, though," Michael commented.

"Oh, I'm not saying that they're not cute together! I just can't believe it."

A few minutes later, they arrived at the restaurant.

Together the four of them walked inside, where they were greeted by a waiter.

"Do you have a reservation?" The waiter asked.

"Yes," Connor stepped forward. "Honestly, I don't know which name it's booked under. Zoe?"