Chapter Twelve: I'm Gonna Love You Anyhow

A/N: Thank-you so much for over 1K reads!

TW: Mentions of suicide attempt.

Connor: what the fuck do you want

Cynthia: Please, Connor.

Connor: fine

Connor: talk

Connor: now

Connor: cant guarantee ill have my phone on me the whole time though

Cynthia: I need to talk to you in person.

Cynthia: Could you come home?

Connor: no

Cynthia: Please?

Cynthia: I'm not asking you to move back in.

Connor: fine

Connor: but if you talk shit about me, zoe or evan or any of my friends for that matter, im leaving

Cynthia: Thanks, honey.

Connor: dont call me that.

Cynthia: Sorry, Connor.

Cynthia: I appreciate you coming over, though.

Connor sighed and had to stop himself from throwing his phone against the wall.

He put his head in his hand. He really didn't want to talk to Cynthia at the moment.

He slowly slipped out from Evan's arms, not wanting to wake him. Fortunately, he remained asleep.

Connor gave him a quick kiss on the head before shoving his phone in his pocket and quietly walking out of the room.

He realised he had fallen asleep in his clothes from the previous day, so he saw no point in changing.

He grabbed his keys from the kitchen counter and walked out of Zoe's apartment.

Connor slowly walked towards his car, taking a deep breath of fresh air before climbing into the driver's side.

He groaned and put his head on the steering wheel.

What was he doing? Why was he going to see Cynthia?

He sat back up and clicked on his seat belt before turning the keys in ignition. He shifted the car into drive and made his way towards Cynthia's house.

***

Connor sat in the car outside the house for a few minutes, reluctant to go in.

Was Larry there, too?

He hoped not, Larry would beat the shit out of him for sure.

He got out of his car and slammed the door, then walked up the pathway towards the porch.

Connor looked to his right at a tree.

The same tree Evan had climbed with a broken arm to reconcile with him.

A small smile tugged at his lips, but it quickly disappeared when he reached the front door.

Taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell.

After a moment, he heard someone calling out. "Come in!"