Chapter Two: Wherever We Are

Evan woke on a concrete floor.

His head really hurt.

He couldn't see anything; it was pitch black.

Evan went to go reach into his pocket for his phone when he realised that his hands were tied behind his back.

He sighed, then struggled to get his hands underneath his legs so his hands were in front of him.

It took a while, but it eventually worked. His hands were in front of him.

It was hard to do, considering his hands were tied, but he managed to shimmy his phone out of his pocket.

He turned on the flashlight of his phone and shone it around the room.

He saw old, wooden stairs leading up to a door. He must've been in a basment of some sort.

The room was basically empty apart from something in the corner of the room.

Or someone.

He shone his light on the figure and saw that they were sprawled on the ground.

Whether he was asleep, had been knocked out or worse, dead, Evan couldn't tell.

Slowly, and with great difficulty, he moved over to the figure.

When he was next to them, he saw their chest slowly rising and falling.

Evan smiled to himself. They were okay.

As he shone the light on the person, he realised something.

The person had wavy brown hair, was wearing a familiar black hoodie. Evan looked at his face and gasped.

It was Connor.

Evan pulled up his chat with his friends, praying for reception.

He had some.

Evan and Zoe Protection Squad.

son.of.a.birch: I found Connor

insanelycoolj.k: wait what

galaxy.jazz: IS HE OKAY

galaxy.jazz: EVAN WHERE ARE YOU

son.of.a.birch: He looks okay

son.of.a.birch: But I don't know where I am

dont.fear.im.heere: What do you mean?

son.of.a.birch: I went on a walk to the hotel memorial and I don't remember how I got here

son.of.a.birch: I think someone grabbed me?

son.of.a.birch: Also I think I'm in a basement somewhere

galaxy.jazz: Have you spoken to Connor yet?

son.of.a.birch: No, I think he's asleep or unconscious

ally-murphy: Try waking him up.

Evan put the light back on Connor's face.

"Connie," he whispered softly. "Connie, wake up."

Evan lightly elbowed him. "Connie."

Connor stirred. "Don't call me Connie," he whispered back. "That name is reserved for the love of my life."

Evan smiled, trying not to cry. "It's me, Connie. Tree Boy."

"Evan?" He mumbled, opening his eyes. He sat up slowly and stared at him in disbelief. "I'm dreaming, aren't I?"