Epilogue

A/N: Thank-you @thotamus_prime for the amazing suggestion! 

Here's an extra long chapter to make up for the suffering of the previous few chapters (whoops).

"Oh my God oh my God it's happening."

"Jeremy, stop freaking out."

"Evan, I'm not freaking out, I have no fucking clue what you're talking about!"

Many, many months had passed. During this time, Harry Tyler had confessed to the kidnapping of Connor Murphy and Evan Hansen, the attempted murder of Jared Kleinman and murder of Isaac Bell. He hadn't been working for anyone, but claimed he had 'done it for James'.

They all knew who that was.

 After a long, sad few months, the day had finally come.

March 14th.

The day of Jeremy and Michael's wedding.

Despite his protests, Jeremy was freaking out. Evan knew that he most definitely wasn't having second thoughts, it was just excitement.

He was getting married, after all.

They stood in Jeremy's room. He was wearing a black suit with a white button down shirt and was struggling to put on a matching black bow tie due to his trembling hands.

"Jeremy," Evan said calmly. "Relax."

Jeremy closed his eyes, taking a deep breath and shaking his arms to get all the jitters out.

"Thanks."

"Did I not predict this day would come?" A voice from behind them said.

Evan had almost forgotten that Rich Goranski was there. 

Evan was best man, and Rich was the other member of Jeremy's party.

Michael had Christine Canigula as his best woman, along with Jenna Rolan in his party.

Jeremy blushed at Rich's comment. "Shut up."

"Did you ever wash the word off your backpack?" Rich asked.

"No..." Jeremy said. "I still have it. It's in my closet."

"What in the world are you talking about?" Evan asked, confused.

"Back in high school, even before Christine and I briefly dated, Rich wrote the word 'Boyf' on my backpack. Jake wrote 'Riends' on Michael's. So when you put the backpacks together, it spelt..."

"Boyfriends," Evan laughed. "That's amazing. You still have the bag?"

Jeremy nodded, a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Cute."

Jeremy finished putting on his bow tie and looked at himself in the mirror. He then began to feel around his pockets like he was missing something.

"Shit," he exclaimed, looking around his room. "Where the fuck is it?" He was beginning to freak out again.

"Jeremy, relax," Evan said. "What is it?"

"I can't find Michael's ring!"

"Oh. Shit," Evan breathed. "I'll go look downstairs."

"I'll look upstairs," Rich volunteered.

He ran down the stairs and looked around the living room, searching for the ring on the table and then between the couches, checking to see if it had fallen in between.

He couldn't find it.

He began to search the kitchen, looking on the countertop.

Again, he was unsuccessful.