Chapter 6

The plane ride back to California was uneventful and quiet. Pepper was trying to calm down from the attack anf Tony was desperately attempting to gain her forgiveness. That left Monica attempting to figure out how she fucked up her life so royally since Obadiah.

Natasha didn't contact Monica until two hiurs after she landed, telling the girl to go to the meeting place that night. She assured her that there would be no danger to her, that a SHIELD team would be on standby.

So, that lead to Monica landing just outside the warehouse, knowing that there were people watching her every move.

The room was silent, all four team members standing by as they waited for her. Natasha had a direct com link to Monica and was also allowed to see everything that the teen could. "Stop, wait for them to speak." Natasha ordered to Monica who followed the command immediately.

"You're back. Good." Viktor greeted rather stiffly.

Monica ignored the glares from the team, her focus on the report of a murder. His body was mutilated, angry slashes and wounds decorating his pale skin. He had a wife and kids, they were now left to pick up the pieces that was left behind after his death. A pang of guilt hit the girl as she made a mental note to anonymously wire some money to the family and to get the eighteen uear old boy a full-ride to a college of his choice.

"He deserved it FE. Brady cant work anymore, he supplied dealers with drugs to sell to kids. He needed to be taken out." Viktor told her, knowing that her gaze was fixated on the screen.

"Don't react Monica." Natasha ordered.

"And so does this man. His name is Christian Bard and he has a daughter and a wife. He owns a company that puts people onto the streets and barely pays enough to keep people off his back. He is a weapons maker and sells under the table to gangs and mafias on the US. Kill him, and don't come back until he's dead.  I can promise you that if he doesn't die, then you will." Viktor told Monica threateningly, the girl spared a glance to the other people in the room and was met with cold, angry, and murderous faces.

It was then that Monica realized that in trying to be helpful, she entered into something that was worse than any murderer. She entered into a group that used the guise of justice to kill and play god with other people's lifes, whether or not those people deserved it or not. And she felt disgusted eith herself for being manipulated into believing that what she was doing was right when in reality, she was worse than the killers she apprehended for believing so easily in something so false.

"I thought it would be rather ironic, that the daughter of a weapons maker would be the one to kill another weapons maker. Don't you think so Monica?" Viktor hissed as he approached the girl like a lion stalking his prey. No one in the room seemed shocked by the revelation, proving that Viktor had told them before she had arrived that night.

"Monica? The team is on their way in now. Keep them busy but be carefull okay?" Natasha told the girl, who was beginning to worry.

"Oh waiy, we haven't taught you how to read a situation yet!" Viktor exclaimed with fake cheer. 

Monica started to slowly back away as the four started to surround her.

"You see, body language speaks louder than words. You really shouldn't move your head when someone is speaking to you through an earpiece. It's a dead giveaway." Miles told the girl as they stalked forward.

Jen grinned. "And you shouldn't glance towards the enterance points, it tells us that someone is coming."

Monica hit the wall. "Get out of there Stark." Natasha shouted even though she also knee that Monica had no where to go. The four of them were blocking her escape and she was to shocked to do anything.