Chapter 10

"Who is he?" Tony asked his daughter as he dragged the boy to his feet.

"His name is Jake Rothstein. He's my friend." Said Monica as she drapped his other arm around her shoulder.

Jake'shead lolled forward as he squeezed his eyes shut before opening them. "Where am I?"
"Jake?" Monica asked worriedly. "Jake don't worry, you're with me, we are getting you to the hospital. You had a bad crash." Monica adjusted his weight on her shoulders so that she could keep an hand on his chest ad they moved.
"Accident?" Jake stumbled slightly.
"Yeah kid, took a turn to fast while you and Monica were driving out to a piece of land I was thinking of buying." Tony covered quickly with a wink. "Monica dragged you out of the car and we rushed you to the hospital."

"But I thought-"
"Jake, just go with it." Warned Monica as she moved to open the door.
"Oh."

Palima Jones was a young woman who was working the Emergency Rooms front desk. Hidden under the table was a stack of text books, a garden of papers, and towers of notecards. On her desk, her personal laptop sat at an angle facing her, next to the work computer. She was working on a paper concerning heart problems and the different causations of them when Monica and Tony Stark stumbled in, holding a teen in between them.

Palima looked up at the sound of the door opening and her jaw dropped. The last person she ever expected see while at work- or anywhere really- had just walked in with his daughter. She could feel blood rushing to her cheeks as she realized that she was staring- more like gwaking- at the celebrity. Quickly she shut her mouth and moved to greet them.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She asked.
"My friend, he got in an car accident." Monica quickly explained, shouldering most of Jake's weight.
"Of course, let me get a doctor for you." She soothed, quickly dashing to find a nurse, grabbing paperwork as she went.

"Jake? How are you feeling?" Monica asked him as she put her hand on his chest to steady him.
"Uh... I don't know. I'm dizzy." Replied Jake in a choppy manner.
"Alright, don't worry, a nurse is here now okay?" Monica soothed as her dad spoke with the nurse and took the paperwork from Palima.

"Let get you a wheelchair." Palima offered as she took in Monica's struggling form.

Monica nodded her thanks, helping to lower Jake into the wheelchair. Together they- Tony, Monica, Jake, and the Nurse- made their way to an emergency room. The nurse did a few tests before she went to get the doctor while Jake told a woman named Jen what had happened.

"So, why were you at the race?" Asked Monica as she fiddled with her thumbs.
"A friend dared me to take on the Weapons Maker's Daughter. Stupid, I know."

"Who's your friend, sounds like a dick." Tony retorted.
"He is, his name is Nick Hayes." Jake informed.
"Ew, him? I dated him for like a week, he is such an ass." Monica scrunched up her nose slightly.
"Then why date him stupid?" Tony added.
"You're right dad, and when girls stop trying to date you because of that reason, come back." Monica snapped quickly.
Tony opened his mouth to defend himself then shut it. "Damn kid." He grumbled.

Monica rolled her eyes at her dad, then turned to Jake, who was watching in amusement. "What colleges have you applied to?"
Jale blinked but caught up with her sudden change of subject. "San Diego State University, Chapman, and University of San Francisco."
"Cool, I applied to San Diego, Chapman, CIT, and MIT on dad's request." Monica listed.

"You applied to colleges?" Jake asked in a bewilderment.
"You haven't heard?" Monica questioned with as much shock.
"Heard what?"
"I'm graduating early, I took my SATs and ACTs earlier and had to apply immediately. I'm graduating with your class." Monica explained.
"How? Your a sophomore." Jake questioned.
"I lied about my intelligence. I already learned all that stuff on my own with JARVIS." Monica explained.
Jake was silent for a moment as he considered this. "Is JARVIS like your boyfriend?"

Tony and Monica burst into laughter at his question, niether of them even trying to control it. "Maybe I should- reprogram-"
"Definitely- I wasn't aware- emotions-"

Monica fought to regain enough control to explain to Jake who JARVIS was. "No, he is not my boyfriend. JARVIS is are AI system. He acts like a computerized butler." Monica explained.

"You have a butler!" Jake exclaimed in awe.
Monica blushed but nodded. "Yeah, dad designed him."

Silence fell between them as the doctor bustled through the door. A stout man, who looked at Tony and Monica with greed in his beady little eyes.

And those eyes stayed on the pair as he went about treating Jake, in fact, Monica couldn't think of a time where he wasn't staring at either her or her dad within the two hour period.

Eventually, Jake was diagnosed with a mild concussion and the trio were let go.

Tony drove his care home, allowing Monica to drive Jake home.

"So... your the Weapons Maker's Daughter?" He asked with a raised brow. Monica grinned and nodded as she pushed the speed limit. "How did I not see that? You might as well have screamed that you were Monica Stark."

Her head threw back with a light laugh, causing a smile to errupt onto Jake's face. "So, how did you know about the street racing? Good boy Jake breaking the law?" She teased with a lighthearted grin.

This time it was Jake's turn to laugh. "Says good girl Monica who happens to be a street racer. And, I learned about it through one of my foster homes two years ago." He admitted, running his hand through his hair.

Monica stared at his ruffled hair.

"You have amazing hair." She commented with a grin.
"So do you." He complimented as he reached out a took a lock between his fingers.

Monica shuddered slightly. "Haven't you heard to not mess with the driver?" She complained as he continued to run his hands through her hair.

"Yeah," he started with a sly grin but then leaned in close to her ear, "but I don't care." He whispered, causing a noticable shudder to rake through her body.

"I fucking hate you." She growled as she floored it.
"Colourful words." He teased as he continued to play with her hair.
"I can show you just how colourful I can be." She stated with a glare.
"Are you gay?" He asked, running his finger along her neck.
"Bi." She gasped at the contact, sharply turning down his street at JARVIS's silent direction on the windsheild.

Jake leaned forward, Monica abruptly stopped the car in front of his house, having almost sped past it. The action sent Jake flying towards her as she turned to him.

Their lips accidentally collided.

But then, they continued to kiss, deepening it and fighting for power. When he won, Jake grinned and got out, leaving Monica dazed. "See you tomorrow!" He called before going into his house and disappearing from view.

In the dark car, Monica grinned.

Hey you all! Sorry for the break, I've been working. If you have covers or anything you would like to send in, email me at suna.arya23@gmail.com, honestly, I am kinda desperate since I'm crap at them.

If you like Harry Potter, I have a new fanfiction up called Secrets so check that out. In terms of finished books I now have three finished books. Ask Lucifer: Supernatural, Hidden Secrets: Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrow), Royal in Hiding: Merlin (Prince Merlin AU!)

Cool that's it! Have a great day!