Chapter 4 - Date

"Tamrie it was great." I sighed sitting on my bed.

"Was it a date cause I don't want you reading into this only to get your heart broken?" She sat next to me sitting criss crossed.

"Damn who pissed in your cereal?" I looked at her with my brows raised.

"August he came over yesterday and thought he could get in my pants the whole time. I had to let him know that I'm not no groupie that's willing to do whatever he wants me to do. He's not any better than any other nigga. The only thing he got going above them is his music."

"That's true. What did he say after that?" I nodded at her then raised an eyebrow.

"He said as mane I'm so sorry for doing that to you I didn't even realize I was doing that to ya baybeh. I nearly fucking died Jhene." She says sighing falling back on my bed with her arms out.

"You are a trip you know that." I laughed at her and pushed her over.

"Whatever was it a date?" She asked sitting up.

"Mmm not to sure." I say shrugging as my phone rings.

I look at the caller ID then smile to myself.

"Hey Sean I was just talking about you." I say sitting on my bed on my stomach as Tamrie mouthed 'speaker's. I rolled my eyes then hit the button.

"All good things I hope." I could hear the smirk on the phone.

"Defiantly... not." I say smirking.

"Oh why is that?" There was a knock on the door I sighed and went to get it turning off the speaker. Tamrie rolled her eyes as I closed my room door.

"Because I don't know if that was a date or not." I admitted and opened the door.

"Then let's go on one." He said smiling at me and hung up his phone handing me a bouquet of begonias.

" He said smiling at me and hung up his phone handing me a bouquet of begonias

"Okay," I agreed taking the flowers."these are gorgeous."

"Just like you." He smiled and I moved over so he could come in.

I was gonna say something, but I blushed instead.

"So where are we going to go on this date?" I asked sitting next to him in the living room couch.

"Some dinner and conversation back at my place. Nothing too exciting." He shrugged then added. "I don't think you want the paparazzi all over you so until we're official we can go to small places."

"Okay that makes since. Anything else." I nodded.

"You dont have to dress up super nice either just something causal."

+!+

"I heard evertthing!" Tamrie exclaimed coming in the living room by me.

"Oh wow I forgot you where here." I admitted and she glared at me.

"Anyway what are you gonna wear?" She sat next to me smiling.

"I'm not too sure you heard him not anything fancy." I made quotation marks around his words with my hands.

"So casual?" She raided a brow.

"Yep."

@+@

As soon as the elevator doors opened I was immediately nervous. I mean this is my first date in a long time 4 years actually. I've been very busy with work so I havent had much time for anything other than that. I didn't mind it too much and through Tamries' crazy love life stories; I knew I didn't need a man at the moment.

I walked in over by the kitchen and smelled baked chicken. I smiled as I turned around to walk to the dining room table. Sean was there just setting down our plates.

"Oh hey Jhene." He says walking over to hug me.

"Hey." I said back as he took my hand to my seat and pulled it out for me.

"You look great." He took his seat smiling at me.

"Thank you." I said with a smile and he nodded.

I looked at the plate and it was baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and gravy. We ate in silence for a few minutes before he asked "Are you nervous?"

"A little." I admitted and took a fork full of chicken.

"Why?" He took a sip of water.

"Honestly I haven't been on a date in a long time."

"Wait how old are you?"

"I'm 26."

"And you haven't been on a date in a long time." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Its been four years."

"How come? If you dont mind me asking." He nodded then went back to eating.

"Dating hasn't been one of my top priorities it was really making sure I had everything I wanted to accomplish, then everything else comes second."

"I can respect that." I took a sip of my water.

"What about you why don't you have a girlfriend about now?"

"I think I'm looking at her." He joked and I laughed. "But for real I'm just not into a for now thing and people these days just wanna fool around and end up with multiple baby mommas. I'm not trying to be like that all I want is one and that one gonna be my wife someday."

"Well, I definitely respect that."