Blood Trials

Kaya's P.O.V

Monty and I woke up to the sound of Jasper vomiting. I covered my mouth and nose before getting up.

"Glad to see you two awake and alive," I tell them.

Monty and I got out and went to the room. I sat on the bed as he leaned against another bunk in front of me. 

"So you still want to go look for Clarke?" I asked. 

"I'm not sure. I think we should wait until Jasper feels better," Monty said.

"Fine. You and your stupid friendship with Jasper," I groaned the last part before lying on the bed. 

"Yeah, yeah. Come on," Monty said. 

Days later, Jasper came back to us to talk about something called the blood trials. I leaned against the wall, listening to Jasper.

"Guys think about what they've done for us. They gave us shelter, clean clothes, kept us safe from the grounders. Miller, they saved your life, right?" Jasper said.

"Dude, you puked for three days," Miller pointed out.

"That was different. The normal treatments wouldn't be as bad," Jasper said.

"So they say," I called out.

"So what then, only puking for one day? Yeah, I'm out," Miller said.

"Sorry Jasper, I'm out too," Harper said before walking out.

"Come on! They gave us cake! I got a sign-up sheet!" Jasper said.

"Good for you," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What are you doing?" Monty asked Jasper.

"What?"

"When did you start working for them? You know what, nevermind. Now that you're better, we're going after Clarke," Monty said.

"Right on time," I said as soon as Maya walked in.

"Hey guys. Jasper, I'm so glad to see you're feeling better," Maya told Jasper before holding up a notebook to us. Act normal. They're listening. I glanced up at her and gave her a small look.

"Thanks, I am," Jasper said. She showed another page with more writing. The breach wasn't an accident! Follow me!

"You look well rested," I tell her.

"Hey it's pizza day, who's hungry?" She asked us.

"I'm down," I tell her. 

We all followed her to the Harvest Chamber where she looked scared. 

"We don't have much time but we can talk freely here," Maya told us.

"What the hell is going on?" Jasper asked her.

"I'm sorry," Maya said about to cry.

"About what? What do you mean it wasn't an accident?" Jasper asked clueless.

"She means they exposed her to radiation on purpose. I'm betting it was to get you to agree to be her blood brother," Monty said. Maya nodded at his statement.

"Clarke was right," I said.

"Did you know about this?" Jasper asked Maya.

"Why would they do that to you?" Jasper asked.

"Because the standard treatment sucks compared to you," Maya said.

"What's the standard treatment?" I asked her.