38

Bold - Blake
Bold and italics - Ryan
Bold and underlined - Tessa
Italics - Sophie
***
"Soph! Guess who came to meet you?"

"..."

"Soph?.. I guess she's not here."

"Maybe she got discharged?"

"I don't think so, Tess. She was not even allowed to leave the room."

"I guess -"

*sobs*

"Shit. Tess, I don't think it's a good time. Come on, I'll drop you at your room and then I'll come back here to see what happened."

"Blake, I think you should stay here. She sounds really sad."

"But -"

"Ryan will take me. She needs you more, right now. I think I can survive a few hours without being pampered by you. I am a big girl, you know?"

"Fine. Ryan, be careful -"

"Yes, Grandma. Bye!"

"Soph? Soph?"

*sobs*

"Oh my God, Soph, what happened? And how did you even get here on the floor?"

"..."

"Hey, hey. Calm down. Shhh. Don't cry."

"..."

"What happened?"

"W-why is l-life s-so fucking unfair!"

"..."

"W-why d-doo bad th-things happen to go-good people, Blake?"

"I wish I had an answer to your questions, Soph, but I don't. Truth is life throws shit at us and we just have to deal with it. That's the way it always has been."

"But why?"

"I honestly don't know, Soph. Now, would you at least tell me why are you crying? It doesn't suit your personality."

"It's Iris. Dr. Ford told me that she doesn't have much time left. They can't say whether she'll live for some hours or some days."

"I'm so sorry, Soph."

"I was really desperate to meet her so Dr. Ford wheeled me to her room this morning. She didn't even recognise me, Blake. She just looked at me for a moment and then turned away."

"Aw, Soph."

"I've known her for my whole life and she's kindest woman I've even seen. She doesn't deserve this, Blake. I hate seeing her like this. And to think she might not even be here tomorrow.."

"Shhh.. you're a strong person, Soph. I know you'll get through it."

"I don't know, Blake."

"But I do."

"I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Tessa."

"Don't worry. There's always another day."

"Thank you."

***
I was going to post this tomorrow but I just couldn't resist so..yeah.