Chapter 23 Contrasting emotions

Spencer's POV

Today was one of the biggest days in my whole life. I'm gonna see again. I can't wait to see everything. People around me. Ms Lavwa, Mrs Qatoby, my neighbor Ms Lecia, she stood by my side a lot and always helped me through my darkest days but I don't think she knows that I'm doing a surgery so I don't blame her for not coming today. Today, a new chapter is about to start in my life. I'm gonna change everything. But for now I have to be ready for the big moment. They drugged me while doing the surgery and I'm awake now. They're taking me to a room. Where I'll take the blaster off. They were transferring me on a wheel chair. And I heard a door slam open and the chair turned. 

"Are you ready?" The doctor asked me, excitement obvious in his voice. I nodded, slightly smiling. He gently removed the blaster on the right eye. But I still didn't open my eyes. My smile was growing bigger and bigger as each second passed. Until he removed the other blaster. "You can open your eyes now." The doctor said, happily. I shrank my eyes and then slightly opened them blinking a few times. Until I fully opened my eyes, breathing heavily in extreme happiness. The first thing I saw was a very wide glass window beside the door. On the side of it I saw half a face of a blonde guy, He was the first person I saw. I blinked once and with that he disappeared. I looked around me to see a few people smiling at me. Which made my smile grow bigger. The best thing in the world is to see someone smiling brightly at you. I felt inner happiness fill my body, completely. I couldn't be more happier. "Congratulations, Ms Hastings!" The old doctor congratulated me. I chuckled in excitement.

"Thank you so much." I said, happily. 

"Now you shall go to your room to pack your things! And I always wish you the best!" He cheered, kindly. I chuckled again, thanking him. As a brunette for what seemed like a nurse offered me a hand to stand. She told me that she'll lead me to my room where I stayed for the last two weeks. I walked like I'm the happiest person alive. 

"So, you're the nurse Lina, right?" I asked with a huge smile on my face. She chuckled then she replied. 

"No, she left a few days ago." 

"Oh, I wanted to see her," I said slightly disappointed but that didn't reduce the happiness that filled my body. "Please, if you ever see her, thank her on everything she has done to me on behalf of me." I smiled, kindly. We entered the room and she offered to help but I declined, politely. I sighed in excitement and sat on bed, thinking about everything for a while and then I dragged my suitcase over the bed and started packing my stuff. I thanked everyone I met, who congratulated me. And I declined all the offers to be taken home. So instead of accepting any offer I called a cap and said my address, happily. I went upstairs by the elevator to the 3rd floor. I opened the door with the key with the blue color and entered. Once I walked in and closed the door and I squealed in happiness and kept jumping and singing. Until I collapsed on bed hugging a pillow and closing my eyes tightly. Willing to start a whole new beginning. I took a shower with hot streaming water. And the smile couldn't fade from my face. The first thing I wanna do is go to Ms Lecia. I was walking in the flat like a free butterfly. No more walking slowly nor bumping into everything in my way. I finally picked up an outfit that I knew it would fit. Not like the other times when I picked up randomly. I put on slight make up and brushed my hair and went to her. She gladly welcomed me and we kept talking about everything and anything. I told her all my plans for the next few days and how do I wanna start a new happy life. She offered some food and we ate together. And assured me that she's always there for me if I ever needed anything which was so relaxing to know. Knowing that someone is always there for you no matter what is so relieving. After that I went to the library and met Ms Lavwa. Her smile is the best thing in the world. She was amazing and so nice. We kept talking until the moon appeared in the sky and it was time to leave as I was too tired, I had a long day and I totally needed to get some rest. I went back home and once I entered I saw the piano. I touched it and slid my fingers on it. God, how much I missed playing it. I put my bag on the floor and sat down. I started playing the song he taught me. 'City of stars'. And it was beautiful. Of course I made mistakes. That's what made me more enthusiastic to play it more and more. I tried a few times then I went to change my clothes to go to bed. After I finished changing I sat in front of the make up table  And took a look on what's on it. I saw a man's spray. That must be his. I clicked on the button and it sprayed in the air and it smelt exactly like him. I found myself taking it with me and started spraying the pillows. But I was careful not to consume all of it. I lay on bed, struggling to sleep. So, I grabbed a pillow with his scent and hugged it, tightly. Until I slowly drifted to sleep. I wanna know who's this guy. I wanna know how he looks like. I wanna see him. But I don't like him. I'm completely happy without him, right?