I swear I do

A/n: in this chapter you'll figure out who the person was. No one guessed it and that makes me v happy lol.
Anonymous POV (again)
(6 weeks after the funeral)
I had told Max my feeling towards Y/n and he looked at me with half shut eyes.
"Why are you still pretending then?" He asked standing up and crossing his arms.
"You can't be serious. I would die for you and you can't even take my side in things!" He flinched but stood his ground.
        "She stood up for me! She stood up for me when I was beaten up everyday at the playground! She got expelled for me! She fought the monsters away! Not you, her." He said the last line quietly.
        "Don't you think I deserve some of what she has?!" I yelled, "Don't you think maybe I'm the one that should be with Colby? Maybe I'm the one that helped her?!" I yelled through gritted teeth.
        I had brought back memories for him. Tears slid down his cheek and I felt my cheeks heat with anger.
         He walked to his room and I rolled my eyes but followed him. My eyes widened as I saw him picking up his suitcase.
         "Where are you going?" I asked stepping into the room. "I'm not sure, but it sure as hell ain't here."
        My nose scrunched up in anger and I yelled "Fine! Go live with the assholes you call friends! I won't be here when you realize y/n isn't everything!"
          I threw a vase at the front door of the apartment as he walked out. "I hate all of you!" I yelled as I walked into my room.
         I lied on my bed my eyes shut and I promised I would get them.
                     Y/n's POV
        I woke up with a pounding headache. When I tried to get up I felt a tugging at my waist.
Colby was hugging me and every time I moved he would scrunch his eyes together and pull me back down.
"Colby." I said and he got up laughing, "You caught me."
He leaned in for a kiss and I heard the doorbell ring, right after Will yelled "Y/n! Get the damn door!" I groaned and pecked Colby on the lips as he pouted following me.
        When I opened the door Max ran in and hugged me. I felt tears on my shoulder and my eyes instantly widened.
         "Dude! What's wrong?" I asked him grabbing his shoulders. He shook his head and said "Everly, don't go with her please. Not by yourself."
       I looked at him, confusion written all over my face.
       He sat down and pulled me with him. "If Everly comes over, don't go with her alone. Please." I shook my head for him to go on and he started.
"Everly was-" we heard a knock on the door and I jumped. Colby opened it and I heard a cheerful "Hello! Is y/n here?"
        Max looked like all the blood drained out of his face. "Hi y/n." Everly said walking inside. She looked at Max and smiled "Oh I didn't know you where here Max!"
Max's breath hitched as she said the next sentence, "Y/n! Do you want to go for a walk? We need to catch up."
I nodded and she walked out saying "I'll wait for you out here."
Max shook his head. "Don't please-" I looked at him and said "I'm not stupid. You might not have told me everything but I know better than to be alone with her if you're scared."
He nodded and I looked at Colby who looked very confused. I laughed and said "Babe, when we leave, you and Max follow along. Make sure you wait at least six minutes, then follow slowly behind. If something seems off run straight back here and ask Will for help. He knows her and I don't want you too getting hurt."
Max nodded but Colby held my arm. "But baby. What if she hurts you?" I held my breath then spoke, "It'll be okay. Besides what does she know about my fighting skills?" I asked jokingly.
He laughed and hugged me tightly. "I'll miss you in the ten minutes that we're apart." I laughed and kissed his cheek walking to get my jacket.
* * *
After a few minutes walking, Everly says "There's a coffee shop near here." I didn't say anything ready for her to do something.
There was only one coffee shop near our house. I felt her look at me from the corner of her eye and then she stopped.
She reached in her purse and grabbed something. I looked at her and smacked away her bag knocking down a syringe filled with a yellow substance.
She looked at me and I saw her smirk and reach behind her and I see a gun. I feel another presence and know it's Colby and Max.
"Everly don't. Why do you hate me so much." I said calmly showing her that she didn't scare me even though deep down I was ready to curl up under my covers.
"You don't know?" She asked hatred laced in her voice. "You pretend that you're the victim. You pretend that you are surprised when you get things. You know what I get? Huh?! I get the discount Colby and the discount best friend! And. I. Am. Sick of it!"
She moved closer to me and I could see the tears falling down her face. "You get everything! You get what I want! I've always wanted to be you for a day to see why! Why, you can't understand! Why, you strive to be better than everyone! I can't seem to understand why you get everything!"
She put the gun to my side and my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.
"And I'm done with it!" The gun clicked and the moment after went in slow motion. I felt a pang in my side and saw Will tackle Everly to the ground.
       I heard a beeping noise in my head, then I saw Colby's face. "Baby! Baby, listen to me. It's all going to be okay." I put my hand on my stomach and when I brought it to my face it was covered with blood.
        I felt myself fall on a soft surface and Max was there crying, yelling something to Will. Colby sat next to me and I smiled at him, memorizing his features.
          How his blue eyes sparkled. How his hair did that thing where it swooped but he didn't do it on purpose. "Princess stop crying. It'll be alright. I'm a tough g-gir-" I felt my eye lids get heavy.
           "Baby?" I heard him say and I smiled looking at him. A few minutes passed with me whispering to Max and Colby when I saw red and blue flashing on the houses.
         Every second that I would try to close my eyes they wouldn't let me. "Stay please." They would say. But the effect that my life had on Everly made me sad.
         Maybe if I closed my eyes I could have my friend back. She might not be gone but she doesn't want me near her.
         I was laid on a stretcher and I found peace in the quiet. I closed my eyes and was engulfed in black, only making a mental image of Colby.
        I heard rapid beeping and muffled words being exchanged. Then everything changed I saw white and then nothing.

                             * * *
        Ah! This book is over! There will be a second book though! Don't yell at me yet! This isn't the last chapter to Told though, on the next chapter I will post 4 (idk how many probably 4) covers and you guys will get to vote on what cover you guys want.