Im not waiting

Cover made by a friend that would like to stay anonymous.
Y/n's POV
When I woke up I wasn't in my room. I was in a dark hallway, backed up into the corner.
I stood up and heard ticking. I got up but, with every step it got louder.
"Y/n." I heard a girl whisper my name. I turned but there was nothing there. "Wha-" I turned and in front of me, was me.
It looked like me but it wasn't me. She was prettier and taller. She looked down at something and I took a long glance at her.
She was wearing a wedding dress, it was ripped all over. I looked down at the picture and it was Colby.
I gasped and she looked up. Tears swam down her cheeks then she laughed and disappeared.
I saw her again this time, she was crying blood. Streaks of red pooled down to her feet and she screamed.
     I heard my name all around the room. "Y/n. Y/n. Y/n! Y/n!" And it was constant.
I yelled at it "Stop! Stop! Please stop!" But it continued.
     I saw a bright light and Colby came into view. "Y/n."
    He shook me and I gasped. I felt like all the oxygen was slowly ripped out of my body.
I hugged Colby hard and he said "Hey. Hey. It's okay." I nodded and said "What's up?"
     He chuckled and said "I should be asking you that." I smiled but thought, that he thought it wasn't sincere since he frowned.
"What's wrong?" I asked him and he smirked. "I'm just thinking of what I said last night."
My eyes shot open and I felt my cheeks heat. "Colb-" he takes my face in his hands and looks me in the eyes.
     "I won't force you." I feel my face become even more red so I jump up and exclaim, "I'm gonna take a shower."
He chuckles and says "Yeah. I'll be here." I smile and walk into the bathroom closing the door and sitting on the floor.
Why am I so freaking awkward?
• • •
      When I get out of the bathroom i hear a buzzing sound and see a text message from an unknown number.
Colby's picking you up at 5:00 be ready.
      I look at the time and notice that it's 4:00. "I don't even have anything to wear." I whisper to myself then, as if on cue I get another message.
Look in your closet.
      I walk slowly and carefully to the closet. Holy hell what if there's- before I'm able to convince myself to not open it I quickly do.
      "Wha?" I'm out of words at what I see. Then I look at the heels and chuckle, "He's got a sense of humor."

        After taking some time to admire the dress I look down at my clothes on the floor

After taking some time to admire the dress I look down at my clothes on the floor. Sweatpants and a large t-shirt.
I nod my head and slip on the dress. I scrunch my nose up as I try and make it longer.
I kick the heels to the corner and get my black Converse. As I'm putting them on I get a text from the same number.
4:30. "That's it?" I whisper to myself and roll my eyes. I put my hair in a ponytail and look in the mirror. I shrug and get my backpack purse thing.
To be quite honest, I don't know what the actual fuck it is, but I like it.

        I get my phone and walk out of our room

"Boo!" I hear and jump a little. "Where are you going?" I hear Sam say and I let out a sigh. "I don't know. I look kinda silly don't you think?"
       He shrugs and says "You look fine to me. Why?"
  I look down at my shoes. "I think Colby's taking me to a fancy restaurant. But I don't- I've never-" I groan and say "I'm just going like this. I'm still a child on the inside."
I pull my bag over my shoulder and walk to the front door. I hear him chuckle and then he starts talking on the phone with someone.
I sit on the porch and wait. When a few minutes pass I check my phone. 5:00.
He should be here any minute now.
5:15 I see car lights and look up. But it's not him.
5:45 I hear rustling and look up, but it's still not him.
5:56 I've been played the fool plenty of times but Colby didn't seem like the person to stand someone up. I got on my phone and texted the number that first texted me.
What are you trying to do? I'm going inside I'm starving and tired maybe another time I guess.
But I don't listen to my own promise. I can wait a little bit longer.
6:03 I check my phone too see a message.
He's late? I look at the screen and it gets fuzzy. That's when I noticed that I was crying. I bit my lip and texted the number, I'm just gonna go to bed.
Then I sent the same thing to Colby. I grabbed my bag and got into my car.
As I left the driveway Sam walked out and yelled "Wait!" But I just wanted to get away.
I'm on my way babe. I see a text from Colby and bite my lip harder. I get to a hotel and walk up to the man at the desk then ask for a room.
I make my way to the elevator and press the number 10. As I look for my room my phone vibrates and I see that it's Will.
If I answer it'll most likely be Colby. If I don't answer they'll most likely call the cops.
      I sent him a text as I unlocked the room. Dude I'm okay I just need to sleep. See you in the morning.
      I close the door and make sure to lock it. As I set my stuff down my phone rings again but this time it's Colby.
      I bite my lip and let it go to voicemail while I think. When he calls again I take a deep breath and answer.
      "Hey-" but before I can explain he says "Open the door I've got pizza." My eyes shot open and I looked up.
      I walked to the door and stood by it. "Are you gonna open it or not?" I nod my head even though I know he can't see me.
      When I open the door he pulls me into a tight hug. "We have to talk."
      I groan and close the door. "About wha-" he places the box of pizza down and walks closer to me.
      I take a step back but am stopped by the door. "About us."
     My breath hitches "Okay." I say quietly.
       _____________________

A/n  I know what the bags are called I just put it in like that because in this book the girl or guy isn't really into "girly" things. If you want to search them up they're legit called "mini backpacks" at least when I bought one for myself that's what they were called 😂