Ch. 3: Hospitals Suck

I awoke in the hospital. I looked around and started to sit up. This machine that was attached to my arm started going crazy. There were machines and needles attached to me everywhere. I decided to just lay back down, so the machine would stop going crazy and shut up.

"Miss. Thomas, I see your awake how are you feeling?" "Okay and Who is Miss. Thomas?" I said.

She walked over to me and unhooked one of the machines from me, totally ignoring my question. It was that machine that went crazy every time I tried to sit up. I could finally sit up. They bought me some breakfast a little later. It was grits, eggs, and bacon. With a small side of orange juice.

The grits looked really watery. As a matter of fact, they were. They tasted really nasty. I didn't eat them, instead I moved on to the eggs. The eggs were good. Then I moved to the bacon. The bacon was crunchy and hard. I felt like it was going to make my teeth fall out. I drunk my orange juice to wash all that nasty food down. Hospital food was super nasty. I hated hospital food. I sat up straighter and looked for the remote. I found it and turned to TeenNick.

Zoey101 was on. I liked that show. I watched it until it went off and Drake and Josh came on. I like Josh's catch phrase. "Hug me brother!" He would always say. I always laughed at that.

I decided to turn the channel to something else. I turned to chiller which is channel 154 I think. I watched Ripley's believe it or not. That show showed some unbelievable things. I saw the one with the man with the biggest hand. He only had three fingers. His thumb the regular size an the other fingers look like giant tomatoes. But it was sad. I felt sad and glad it wasn't me. When Ripley's Believe it or Not went off Total Blackout came on. Haha this was one funny show. I watched as they felt in the cages and felt all on the rats and things.

As looked around a little more. I saw someone walking toward my room.

"Angie are you okay?" They asked.

"Who are you?" I asked. Then it hit me.

"Mason is that you?" I asked.

"You remember me." He said as he got up to give me a hug.

He hugged me really tight for a long time. He finally let me go. I looked at him. He had a teddy bear in one had and chocolate in the other. I reached for the chocolate. He pulled it away from my reach.

"I have to ask the nurse if you can have it first." He said with a small smile on his face.

I pouted and sat back in the bed. I felt a small breeze. I noticed that this gown had my back out. I got the shivers. I rubbed my arms. I then laid back on my bed and cuddled under the covers. Mason walked over to me and leaned over me. I looked into his big brown eyes. They where beautiful. He then walked into the bathroom and handed me a small hand held mirror. I took it out of his hand and looked at my face.

"Derek punched you really hard. You got 11 stitches across your left cheek." I touched it.

"Ouch!" I hissed.

My face was really red and hurt really bad. The skin around the stitches was all yellow and purple. I handed him back the mirror. Then a bunch of people started walking in my room. All with teddy bears and cards.

The last one to walk in my room was a boy with a really bright yellow shirt with some south pole jeans hanging below his butt. I looked at him and a confused look on my face because I couldn't quite place who he was.  Mason whispered into my ear,

"That's Derek." I nodded and watched as they all put down the bears and cards.

They act like I'm five bringing me all these teddy bears. Derek was making his way through the people and over to me. He kissed me on the forehead.

"Listen Babe I'm so sorry for punching you that hard, I was just really mad. I can't believe I gave you...........11 stitches. What is wrong with me?"

He got up and kissed my forehead again.

"I love you." He said.

I didn't say anything and just sat there as he made his way out the door.