Ch. 8: Pulled Over and Hospital Visits

I walked out to my car and got in. I looked at my cheek, it was turning red. I felt tears rolling down my face and when it reached the spot where Mason's mom slapped me, it stung. I cranked up my car and sped off.

On the highway, I heard police sirens behind me. I looked out the reveiw mirror And saw it was waiting on me. I pulled over and the police pulled over behind me. It took him a while and he finally got out of the car.

"Licence or registration please."

I handed him my license and he took it to his car to read it or do whatever with it. He came back and handed me my license.

"Care to explain to me why you were speeding, Miss.?"

"So I can get home from this horrible day and apply some ice and take pain pills for my face."

"What happened to your face?" He asked.

" An incident with my friends mother at the hospital that's all. Now can I leave." I asked.

"Sure I'll let you go this time but next time I might have to give you a ticket."

"OK thanks officer."

"Have a nice night." The officer said walking off.

"You too." I said almost shouting out the window.

I pulled off and was careful on my speed this time. I arrived at home and walked in the house. I took some pain pills and laid down.

I soon dozed off. I awoke to a knocking on the window. I looked at the time. 2:05 in the morning. I looked out the window and saw my ex boyfriend before Derek. I opened the window.

"What are you doing." I asked.

"Can I stay here their is a gang chasing me."

"no way, nothing involving a gang is coming up in this house."

"please."

"NO!"

He ran off and hid in something that looked like a dumpster. I closed my window and crawled back into bed.

~NEXT DAY~

I awoke to the sun shining bright in my face. I stretched and walked into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and the sight I saw was horrifying. The mark on my face turned a light shade of purple and red. I rubbed it and flinched. It hurt. I called and scheduled an appointment to get my face checked. It was scheduled for today at 3:00. I walked out the house at 2:45 and drove to the appointment. I arrived and walked in to the front desk.

"I have an appointment for Angela Thomas at 3:00."

"Go right in."

I walked in and sat on the table. The Dr. walked in.

"Hi Mrs. Thomas how are you today."

"In pain." I said.

"Now tell me how did this happen?"

"Last night there was an incident at hospital where my friend mother thought I tried to kill him and that's why he was in the hospital and she slapped me."

"Well it looks like Its just some major swelling and a bit of stiffness. I am going to give You some pain pills and that's it."

"OK thank you doctor." I said shaking his hand.

I got up and walked out the office. I walked out to the car with my prescription in my hand and their laying on my car was....................

___________________________________________________________________

Well how do You think was laying on her car, post in comments if you know and the first one to guess will be the winner and recieve a dedication in my next post. So comment................. NOW!! GO!!