Part 1 - 12

TWELVE – BRODY

I felt like I was in a daze. Lexi had figuratively given my family the middle finger and I loved every second of it. Well, not every second. For a moment there, I thought she was going to leave me and never look back. I still couldn't believe what had happened. My parents had lost their damned minds. They'd actually kicked me out and all because I wasn't dating one of the country-club-princesses they wanted for me. They hadn't even given Lexi a chance. Ok, so we might have started out fake dating, but I wanted to make it real.

With my hand in hers, we exited that Godforsaken party and walked down the lane. Lucas picked us up a couple minutes later. I climbed into the backseat, while Lexi sat next to her brother, in the front. We were both quiet until we reached the house, where Lucas turned off the engine and asked, "So, do either of you want to tell me what happened? I get a frantic call from you, Lexi, so I expect Richie-Rich here did something to piss you off. Then he's with you and now we've brought him back to our house."

Lexi remained quiet, so I sighed and said, "My parents don't agree with my relationship with Lexi. They already took all my privileges away and when that wouldn't make me dump her, they just kicked me out of the house."

Lucas growled, "Seriously, what's not to like about Lexi? Ok, so she has purple hair, piercings, and tattoos. That doesn't make her a bad person. She got a full ride academic scholarship to Brown for Christ sake. She's not a bad kid. Where do they get off?"

I nodded, in agreement, "Anyway, so now I'm homeless, apparently."

"No you're not. You can stay with us." Lexi stated.

"Um, Lex, I don't know how I feel about your boyfriend living under the same roof as you." Lucas said, uncomfortable.

"Lucas, it's been a shitty night. Don't make me start a war with you too. I'll move out, if that's what it takes." Lexi said, adamantly and I felt hope bloom in my chest.

I grinned and asked, "Really? So, does that mean you want a real relationship with me just as much as I want a real relationship with you?"

Even in the darkness, I could see her blush, "Maybe."

"What's this real relationship talk?" Lucas asked.

I explained sheepishly, "Well, I might have originally asked Lexi to pretend to be my girlfriend to piss off my folks, because I knew they'd dislike her on sight."

Lucas cursed, "For fuck's sake, you two are exhausting. So let me get this straight. You entered into a pretend relationship to make Brody's parents mad, but end up falling for each other and now want to be in a relationship. The problem is, you've royally pissed off Brody's parents, so they kicked him out and now he's going to be living on our couch. If I don't allow this to happen, then Lexi will move out to live on the streets with her Richie-Rich boyfriend. Do I have all of that right?"

Lexi giggled, "Pretty much."

Lucas sighed, "Fine, but Lance is going to flip shit when he finds out. I'd give you his room, since he's back at rehab, but he'd probably murder me if I allowed him near his personal stuff."

I shook my head, "The couch is fine and thanks for putting up with me."

"Don't make me regret it." Lucas grumbled and then went into the house.

Lexi didn't waste any time crawling into the backseat with me. She asked, sounding shy, "So do you really want a real relationship with me?"

"I do, but Lexi I have to be honest with you. I have no idea if I'll be any good at a real relationship. I mean, I know the basics, like don't cheat on you. That won't be a problem, because I hadn't even looked twice at another girl since our fake dinner with my parents. That night, when I kissed you for the first time...it awakened something in me that I didn't know I could feel. I like you, Lexi, a lot. So, do you want to try this? Do you want to be girlfriend?"

Lexi blushed, "I told myself not to fall for you. You're such a player and I'm well...I'm not experienced. I thought you were nothing more than a cliché, but I was wrong. I was very, very wrong. There is so much more to you than that. For starters, you're loyal. Even before, when we were still fake, you refused to dump me in order to keep your car and stuff. That says a lot."

I winced, "Well, I don't know that I'd sing my praises too high for that one. I mainly did it because I knew my father expected me to cave. He thinks I can't live without the luxuries."

"See and you're honest too. I like that."

That's when I realize she didn't answer my question, "So, girlfriend?"

She grinned, "Yes, Brody, I would love to be your girlfriend. First, however, I need to give you something."

I watched her reach into her pocket and pull out money. She handed it to me and I frowned, "What's this?"

"That's the money you paid me to pretend to be your girlfriend. I don't want it. Honestly, I haven't wanted it since you kissed me that night. I felt like the money cheapened it, which doesn't make sense, considering we were just pretending at that point. Besides, you've given up all of your privileges to be with me. So you could use the money." Lexi explained with a shrug.

I sighed, but took the money, "Lex, I have a confession to make. Yes, when I first brought you to my house, we were faking, but as soon as we kissed...everything changed in that moment. I didn't have to fake my arousal for you. I loved kissing you...touching you. I want to do that and a whole lot more to you, every single second of every single day. When we kissed again, that night, on my porch, you thought I did it for show. I didn't. I didn't even know anybody was watching us. I kissed you again, because I had to. I crave you."

Lexi seemed to be having trouble swallowed, but then she smiled and asked, "Want to make out for a while before going inside?"

I grinned, "Abso-fucking-lutely!"