[ 2 ]

Malia's POV

I threw the keys on the counter once I got home.

"Right on time. I was just about to start dinner." Daniel said.

"It's only 4. I didn't buy guacamole by the way. Ran into someone I wanted to avoid. Do you need help?"

"No. I think I've gotten everything under control... for the most part."

"Well, I got nothing better to do so I can help if you need any."

"Don't you have homework?"

"I do. But I'm gonna do it over the weekend."

"That's unusual of you. Why?"

"Grayson asked me on a date. I don't wanna take part in his game nor do I want to get hurt again so I said I had homework to do. So I'm just gonna let it pile up and finish it over the weekend."

"I see. I still think it was fucked up of him to do that." he shook his head and started cleaning the chicken.

"Do you think I should ever forgive him? I'm not saying anytime soon, but in the future."

"If anything, you don't necessarily have to forgive him, you can just accept his apology."

"It just sucks you know? I thought we were going good, we were together for three years, almost four. But I guess not. I just wanna know why he didn't want to talk throughout that time he was going on vacation."

Mason walked in, "I still love you."

"Thanks, kid." I smiled.

Mason was the youngest of us all. It goes: Morgan, Megan, Marissa, me, then Mason. He's just a year younger than me.

"I understand. If he's not gonna make time for you then you shouldn't be together. Let's get your mind off of all this. Will you please be a doll and chop the tomatoes for me? Please with a cherry on top?"

I laughed, "of course my good sir."

"Put some Jonas Brothers on too while you're at it. Your hands are cleaner than mine at the moment."

"What song?"

"'Hold On' please. Such a bop."

"They're all bops."

"You're not wrong."

We jammed out the to Jonas Brothers for a good 30 mins before my sisters got home.

"Where've you guys been?"

"Looking for new beds. Mine's all squeaky. It's annoying." Marissa said.

"Wonder why." I smirked.

"Shut up." she rolled her eyes.

"So what's new?"

I looked at Daniel and he motioned me to go on.

"Grayson asked me on a date today."

Morgan choked, "what?"

Megan's eyes widened, "what did you say?"

"He asked me on a date. I said no because I didn't wanna be a part of his game and I had homework." I shrugged.

"Malia."

"At least I'm not going. So you can let this go."

"I'm still mad he still hasn't apologized. It's bothersome. It wouldn't hurt to simply say, 'I'm sorry for having our relationship end for selfish reasons.'" Morgan said and walked over to Daniel.

"Can we just not talk about this? I already had this conversation with Daniel. Thank you very much."

Marissa turned around, "I'm gonna go to my room and nap. It's been a long day."

"You woke up at 12. It's only 4..." Megan said.

"Let me be. Just call me out when the food's ready yeah?"

"No." I said.

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Megan walked over to me, "I think you made the right decision in saying no." She nudged me.

Grayson's POV

I genuinely miss her. We used to be so close. And my dumbass decided to let her go like that. I need to go talk to her.

"I'll be back in a few."

"Where are you going?" Ethan asked.

"To talk to Malia."

"For?"

"Doesn't concern you."

I drove over and pondered what I'm gonna say. I'm just gonna wing it.

I rang the doorbell.

"I got it." Megan said. "Oh. Grayson. How can I help you?"

"Is Malia home?"

"Depends."

"I need to talk to her."

"For?"

"It's time for me to apologize to her for breaking up with her. For the stupid reason we broke up. It was all on me."

"Listen. It'd be nice if you would do that. But now, knowing that you wanted to go on a date with her, it's just sketchy."

"Megan. Please. I genuinely mean it. I miss having her around."

"Not today. Oh and if you do so little as try to make a move on my sister, I will end you."

"Who's at the door?" Malia walked over. Her face dropped.

"He was just leaving."

"No. I'm here to apologize to you."

"For?"

I looked at Megan, in hopes of her leaving so I could talk to Malia alone.

"Oh, I'm not going anywhere."

"Meg, it's okay."

She glared at me, "fine."

Malia walked out and shut the door.

"You wanted to apologize?"

"Yes. I'm sorry for breaking up with you and saying that I didn't want to talk to you while I was gone. I think my mindset was in a different place, but I can't make up any excuses for that anymore. It was a dick move and I'm really sorry it happened."

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"I don't... I don't know."

"I accept your apology."

"Really?"

"But that doesn't mean I forgive you. Thank you for apologizing. I think Daniel's finished with the chicken now."

"I hope we can be friends again soon."

"I don't know about that. Tell your parents I said hi."

She said and shut the door.

Damn it Grayson. Why did you do this to her?