[ 7 ]

Malia's POV

Mason took a sip of his drink, "this tea is boiling. Had to cool me down with that drink. Uff."

I rolled my eyes.

"You're telling me that even after he broke your heart, you still have feelings for him?" Megan asked.

I nodded.

"Malia."

"You have to keep in mind that we were together for three years almost four and have known each other for over 16. I can't just let all of that go."

Everyone was quiet.

"I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Malia." Morgan called but I ignored her.

Out of all my sisters, Morgan has always been much more protective and understanding of me than my other sisters. Not that I'm complaining or playing favorites or anything. But she plays the mom role very well. Towards me at least.

"Hey." she walked into my room.

"How can I help you?" I flopped onto my bed.

"It's okay to still have feelings for him. We just think, well they just think, that it's better for you to move on because of the reason you guys broke up." she sat next to me.

"What do you think?"

"Well, I believe that, as they all say, 'the heart wants what it wants'. And 'if you love something, set it free'. I think you and Grayson are soulmates, lowkey. I've always taken notice that you were most happy with him than you were with us sometimes."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I don't know anything right now. I have so many mixed emotions. I don't know how to feel. I don't know how to react. I just don't know. And it sucks because I know that I do want to get back with him but I don't know. It's driving me insane."

"It's okay to want something for yourself sometimes. You're still only human."

"Yeah well..."

"Hang out with him. Just as friends. Go to the park or the movies or something. Just be friends as you were before you were dating. Maybe throughout that time, you'll be able to figure everything out."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea."

She got up, "just my opinion."

"Thanks, Morg."

"Come back down yeah?"

"Maybe later."

"Just don't overthink this and stress yourself out."

I nodded and she left.

Me: you still down for sum fro yo??

Dorsel Fin 🐬: down

Me: when??

Dorsel Fin 🐬: whenever

Me: let's go rn

Dorsel Fin 🐬: what changed your mind

Me: dw abt it :)

Dorsel Fin 🐬: pick you up in 10 😌

I really hope this goes well. I want to clear up my feelings so neither me nor Grayson get mixed signals and things just end up bad.

I grabbed a few necessities before he got here.

"Where are you going?" Mason asked.

"Hanging with Grayson."

"Is that the best thing for you right now?"

"Did you come up to the third story of this house to talk about Grayson? I've heard it enough Mase."

"Okay. Just because you got the studio floor doesn't mean anything to me."

"Sure. But I'm hanging with Grayson. We're getting frozen yogurt right now."

"You just ate."

"I'm not full." I shrugged.

"Tell me how it goes." he walked back downstairs.

Dorsel Fin 🐬: ya boi has arrived

"I'll be back in a few." I ran downstairs.

"Where are you going? Again. You've only been home for like an hour." Megan said

"She's going on a date with Grayson."

"He's right. K byeeee." I ran out before they said anything else. I'm ready for the lecture later tonight.

"What changed your mind?" he asked again.

"I had a small talk with my sister and she brought up some valid points in our discussion."

"I'm glad you came around." he took a quick glance at me and smiled.

"Me too." I smiled.