[ 24 ]

Malia's POV

When I woke up, I realized our call ended. This usually rarely happened, not to sound like a brat or anything.

I turned around and saw Grayson sleeping next to me. What the hell? When'd he get here?

I slowly got up to brush my teeth and got ready for the day. Once I did all of that, I laid back in bed with him. Taking in every small detail that I forgot he had.

I pecked his lips and he slowly woke up.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Morning." he stretched.

"When did you get here?"

"What time does Megan leave for work?"

"Oh shit you ran into Megan..."

"Yeah."

"So 1) around 6am... what the fuck? And 2) she's not exactly your biggest fan."

"I can tell. She scoffed and gave me the nastiest look when I walked in."

"Sorry bout that." I brushed my hand through his hair. "I don't know why she's acting up like this."

"Maybe she's holding a grudge on me because of our breakup, she hasn't gotten over it." he shrugged.

I don't really blame her...

"Morgan and Marissa don't care about it. Daniel and Mason don't care about it either. And I'm not saying they don't care about me, but they don't care that we're back together. It doesn't trigger them like it triggers Megan."

"Have you gotten over it?"

What am I suppose to say? Lie and say no? That I'm perfectly fine and nothing ever happened? I don't even know how I personally feel.

"You're hesitating. Tell me what's up."

"I don't know. I don't know how I feel. It's just a mixture of a bunch of different emotions right now."

"Talk it out." he said gently, I think he was getting frustrated. If so, he's playing it off very well.

"I really don't know how to put what I feel into words."

"Let's leave this in the past and get breakfast. I don't want this talk to ruin your morning." he got off the bed and stretched.

"I'm comfortable here." I whined.

"Come on."

He grabbed my legs and pulled me toward him and carried me as if I were a child.

"Grayson, we are going to fall."

"We'll fall together."

Marissa walked out and widened her eyes.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" she asked.

"Going to get breakfast."

"Why are you walking down like that?"

"I genuinely have no explanation for that."

"So you two are really back together?"

Grayson looked at me and smiled, "yeah."

"I'm sorry I didn't say anything last night. I was gonna say I agreed with Danny and Mason but I didn't wanna make it seem like we're all attacking Megan and have her be a Lone Ranger."

Grayson readjusted me so that I don't fall.

"It's okay. We're gonna leave now, do you want anything?"

"I'm fine. Danny made me a welcome home brunch." she chuckled. "Drive safe though."

"Always." Grayson said and carried me out.

"You can put me down now."

"Uh. No. You're my baby and I need to take care of you."

I rolled my eyes.

"I literally hate you so much."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"The thought of blocking you and declining your calls helps me sleep at night."

"You're mean."

I winked at him.

"Where are we going?"

"This place called the Broken Yolk. It's amazing. Their crepes are so good."

"You had me at crepes."

He sat me in the passenger's seat.

It was lowkey an uncomfortable silence, maybe because of the conversation we had earlier. I needed to establish this right now so that we can move on from this.

"The reason I haven't gotten over it is because of your excuse. I mean yes I understand it now because of your explanation, but it was such an awful excuse. I mean I have no right to be talking because I was the one that broke up with you. I don't know. I just can't bring myself to move on. Not to sound extra or anything, but there were times where I would wonder how things would be today if we talked it all out."

"I cannot emphasize how sorry I am. I don't know what else you want me to say or do to make it up to you."

"Grayson, I–"

"I've apologized multiple times. You said you understood where I was coming from, yet all of this is still inside you?"

"Maybe we're moving too fast." I said.

"What?"

"Maybe we should've talked about all of this before getting back together."

"I don't wanna talk about this. Not right now."

I sat back in my seat and looked out the window. I didn't know what to say, didn't know what to do.

Maybe we're moving too fast. We didn't talk about anything before we got back together. We only talked about what happened throughout the duration we were apart. We never actually worked things through and all that. This is our second argument and we haven't even been together for a week. I don't want this to be a toxic relationship, but this is all just a mess right now.