[ 15 ]

Grayson's POV

"Hey you." Emily walked up to me the next day at school.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Wow. No need to get aggressive there babe."

"I'm not, and never will be, your 'babe'. Get over it. I love Malia and you can't do anything to change that."

"You'll come around eventually." she said frustratedly.

Pooman 🐻: why didn't you just wake me up and say goodbye lmao
I could've walked you out

Me: you looked so peaceful, I didn't wanna wake you up

Pooman 🐻: aww thanks :-)
I hope you have a good day at school, don't stress out too much. ♥️😌

Me: yeah well, kind of hard to w Emily up in my business

Pooman 🐻: fight her

Me: it's kind of against the law to fight a woman.

Pooman 🐻: actually, in her case, it'd be animal abuse 🙊

Me: omf you're so mean

Pooman 🐻: whoops
But seriously, class has already started. I'll talk to you later

Emily: What's it gonna take for you to love me?

Emily passed me a note. Thank god she doesn't have my number.

Me: Emily. I just told you, I don't love you. You've never even been a friend to me so...

Emily: We can change that. I'm better than Malia and you know it.

Me: Not even close.

Emily: You just don't wanna admit it.

Me: Why can't you just accept the fact that I don't like you?

Emily: Because we were meant for each other.

I didn't write back after that. 1) I got too lazy to and 2) I didn't want to. I was over all of this Emily situation.

Me: our teacher didn't show up 😝😝

Pooman 🐻: someone got lucky 🤔

Me: 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe

I wanted to type, "I was lucky to have you." But I didn't. I didn't wanna make this weird.

Pooman 🐻: can I ask you sum'in?

Me: you're gonna ask anyway aren't you

Pooman 🐻: yup
So uh...
why didn't you tell me abt the whole car ride thing? You don't have to deny it. Ethan already told me.

Me: bc I felt like I needed to process it before I could tell you. Idk man

Pooman 🐻: as much as I really didn't want you to hear it, especially not like that, it's true. I DO miss you and I DO still love you. I truly never stopped. I could just deny all of it, but you know when I'm lying and all that so there really is no point in trying to.

I ditched school and drove over to her house.

"Grayson?" she opened the door.

I grabbed her face and kissed her.

"I still love you too. I've missed you, everyday that I didn't have you in my arms. I missed you everyday knowing that I couldn't come over to see you and hang with you whenever I wanted to. These two months have been hell. Everyday, I regret not telling you about my struggles and not working it out. We wouldn't be in this position if I did. I never stopped loving you. I will never stop loving you."

Her eyes began to water. She hugged me and I dug my face into the crook of her neck. I never want to let her go ever again.

"Mal, I'm gonna g– oh hey Grayson. Good seeing you again." Daniel walked out.

She turned around and wiped her cheek.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes." she turned to me and smiled, "everything's okay."

"Anyway, I'm gonna go see Marissa. See how she's doing. I'll see you later."

He kissed her forehead and left.

Malia's POV

We walked over to the couch and sat in the same spot we did yesterday.

"Not to sound like your mom or anything, but why aren't you in school?"

"I needed to tell you all of that in person. I didn't wanna say it through the phone. I didn't wanna say it through text."

"Now you did, so you should get going."

"She said as we stayed sitting."

She laughed.

"Do you..." I started.

"Do I..."

"Think we'd ever get back together?"

She didn't seem to be surprised I asked this question.

"Do you want to?"

"Yeah."

"Being broken up for two months felt so weird. Things I would normally share with you, I shared with my sisters or Daniel or Mason or the whole family in general. It was such a foreign feeling. I'm not necessarily complaining about it, I'm just saying it was weird. They didn't know anyone I would be talking about so it wasn't the same." she shrugged.

"I'm sorry."

She leaned in and kissed me.

"It's okay."