[ 3 ]

Grayson's POV

"How'd it go?"

"Her sisters still want to kill me if that's what you're asking."

"I don't blame them. Grayson it was a stupid reason. Why did you even...?"

"I don't know. But I know that that was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I miss her. We were together for three years, almost four. I'm so dumb. I had something that was such a treasure and now that treasure is gone and I don't think I'm ever getting it back."

Malia's POV

"What'd he say?" Daniel asked.

"Just that he apologizes for doing what he did. Blah blah blah." I rolled my eyes. "This tastes amazing by the way. If we had the money, would you open a restaurant?"

"I'd honestly be so down for that."

"Chef Daniel Scott."

"Speaking of Scott."

"What?" Morgan asked.

"I can remember right before you were ready to go into surgery, I told you there'd be a time where you'd be a little bit loopy, and I could ask you anything I wanted. And you would give me an honest answer and you wouldn't remember what we'd talked about. "

"Yes."

"You went around asking each of us what we said almost every other week."

"A girl needs answers."

My other sisters, Mason and I knew where this was going. I am internally screaming. I love Daniel so much. I'm more than grateful, more than happy, he's marrying my sister. Not only that, he sat the four of us down and asked us for our blessing to marry her. Honestly, when will my next manz ever? Maybe it'll be Grayson and he'll ask for their blessing. I'm not gonna think about this anymore. Maybe it won't be Grayson and I'm just being delusional.

"But I promised that I'd tell you when the time is right. The time is right."

"Mhm."

"Right as they were wheeling you in to the OR, you were glassy and in and out, and at my last chance, at the very last second. I said 'stop.' And I leaned in, and whispered, 'can you hear me?' You said yes. And I said, 'well, I only have one question.' And you said, 'what is it?' And I said, 'do you know, one day I'm gonna marry you?'"

We all started getting choked up. Megan grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"You said yes. I just need you to say yes one more time."

"Daniel..."

He got down on one knee. I wanted to scream.

"I have been waiting so long to ask you this: Morgan Prince, will you marry me?"

She nodded her head, "yes. Yes I will."

We all screamed and hugged each other.

I know what you might be thinking, isn't she too young to get married? Well, I don't consider 24 young. They've been together since freshman year. It's about time he popped the question shoo.

"Time to start planning!" Megan said.

"No. Uh uh. More like, 'time to finish eating.'" I said.

"You and me both." Marissa said.

"I third that." Mason said.

Sometimes seeing what Morgan and Daniel have makes me miss what I had. Something I had for three years and it's gone. I miss him so much. Are we ever gonna get back together? I don't know. Do I want to? Yes. Would I say "yes"? In a heartbeat. I wish things ended in a different way. If he made time, if he told me what was going on in his head, maybe we'd still be together.

I got up and put my dish in the sink. It was Megan's day to wash dishes.

"You okay?" Morgan asked.

I snapped back to reality.

"What? Oh. Yeah. I'm fine. Congrats by the way."

"Thank you."

She couldn't stop smiling at the ring.

"So tell me what's up."

I looked down, "seeing what you and Daniel have, your relationship, it's something I miss. I'm not jealous of you guys or anything, I just miss him."

"Sweetie it's okay." she held my face. "It's okay to miss him."

"The way he just ended it makes me mad."

"It made us all mad. Talk to him."

"You guys said I shouldn't. That he's a jackass who doesn't deserve my time."

"But if you miss him, maybe there's a chance you guys can work it out and rekindle that flame."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"Then I'll be back in a little."

"Go get him tigress."

I drove over to the Dolan residence and just as I got out of my car, I saw him kissing someone else. I'm heartbroken. He just asked me out and now he's here kissing someone else?

I drove back home and ran up to my room as soon as I got in. I faced the wall in hopes of no one bothering me.

Morgan knocked on the door, "did it g– what happened?"

She shut the door and walked over to comfort me.

I turned to her, "I got there and I saw him."

I began to cry, "I saw him kissing someone else."

I buried my face into her chest.

"Malia." she stroked my hair, "it's okay."

"I shouldn't have gone."

"It's okay."

"Can I have some alone time please?"

"You know where to find me." she kissed my forehead and walked out, being sure to shut the door.

I'm so stupid. Why did I think that we could work it all out and get back together?

Grayson's POV

"Is Malia still he– did you guys work it out?"

"What?"

"I thought she came? Her car pulled in earlier. But then she left."

Shit.

"Don't mess with me bro."

"I swear."

I sighed, "she probably saw me with Emily."

"Why was she here?"

"I don't know. But she pulled me in for a kiss and I was shocked I didn't know what to do until I realized that she was kissing me."

"Bro..."

"Damn it. That was my chance."