[ 23 ]

Malia's POV

"Come in." I replied.

"Hey." she shut the door.

"What's up?"

"I just wanted to talk about the whole Grayson thing."

"If you're gonna give me a bunch of shit about my decision, please keep in mind that you were the one that encouraged me to hang with him to figure everything out."

"Actually, I just wanted to say that I'm proud of you. You did what you knew would make you happy."

I smiled.

"When we were at the hospital, that day he took you home, I told him that you still love him."

"You did what?" I asked.

"Then he said he still loves you too. After that, I asked him not to hurt you if you two were to get back together. He promised me he wouldn't. So I hope he keeps that promise."

"Why do you still care about him so much?" I asked gently. "Like, everyone else hates him."

"He made you happy and cared for you in ways none of us could have. Comforted you better than we ever could." she shrugged.

"Thank you."

"And if you're gonna ask, I didn't say anything at dinner because I really didn't have anything to say. Neither did Marissa."

"Yeah well. I think this whole situation has just caused a drift in this family."

"She'll get over it and everything will be back to normal."

"And if she doesn't?" I looked down.

She lifted my chin back up.

"She's your sister. You guys are family. You'll get over it, maybe not soon, but eventually." she stroked some hair behind my ear, "do your homework then get ready for bed."

"Morgan... it's Friday..."

"Whatever." she said and walked out, shutting the door behind her.

"Wait." I called her back.

"Hm?"

"Am I still grounded?"

"Daniel and I talked about it the other day–"

"Jesus Christ you sound as if you were my parents."

She rolled her eyes, "I'll unground you this time."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning." I smiled.

"Good night."

Grayson's POV

Pooman 🐻: update: Morgan just came in to tell me she's proud of me for doing what makes me happy.

Me: she's so protective of you

Pooman 🐻: it's not like we're sisters or anything 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

Me: I don't need your sass

Pooman 🐻: what you need is sleep

Me: no I don't

Pooman 🐻: you wouldn't stop yawning when we were on FaceTime

Me: fine.

Pooman 🐻: have sweet dreams 😌♥️

Me: good night ♥️

I've been laying in bed blaming myself for everything that happened to her after our breakup. I know she told me not to blame myself, but I can't help it. It's all my fault.

Me: I can't sleep

Pooman 🐻: what's wrong?

Me: I can't stop blaming myself for everything that happened to you after our breakup.

Pooman 🐻: it's in the past now. It's fine, I'm fine.

Me: yeah but still

I decided to FaceTime her again.

"Hello." she answered.

"Hi."

"Why'd you call me?" she gave me a confused look.

"The last time we dated, at night we used to FaceTime and have small talks remember?"

"Then one of us fell asleep. We woke up and we're still FaceTiming. It happened so many times I don't know what we were on or how the call managed to last throughout the night." she chuckled.

"One time, I said hearing your voice helped me sleep."

"So you want me to help you sleep?"

"Please do."

"What if I fall asleep before you do?"

"I'll fall asleep later on knowing that you're sleeping in peace."

"You make it sound like I died."

"Okay, let me rephrase it then." I paused. "I'll fall asleep knowing that you're sleeping peacefully and unbothered. Is that better?"

"Sure." she laughed.

"I should've just slept over."

"Remember when talked about moving in together all the time?"

"Keep in mind, we were naïve 15-year-olds."

"I don't think it'll work out now. We just got back together and we already wanna move in together. Everyone would think we're moving too fast."

"I suppose you have a point."

"What'd you do all those past two months– wait never mind."

"What?"

"I was gonna ask, when you couldn't fall asleep, and you couldn't talk to me, how'd you fall asleep? But then I remembered you were with Crystal so."

"We were never really official. We didn't have a connection like you and I do. So when I wasn't with you, I thought about you and all our memories and that helped me sleep. But maybe it was also because we were together for 3 years, so it wasn't easy to let go."

"Why didn't you do the same thing right now then?"

"Because I have my girl back."

"'My girl.'" she smiled, "get some sleep."

"Good night."

"Gnite bear." she smiled.