[ 19 ]

Grayson's POV

"Oh hey Grayson. I'm so glad I found you." a girl named Crystal walked over.

"Hey." I said nervously.

"So, I was wondering if you'd wanna talk about getting back together eventually?"

Malia sat up.

Fuck.

"I'm kind of in a relationship now."

"Oh... well, I hope you're happy. I'll talk to you soon." she walked away.

Malia turned to me.

"Did I hear her correctly?"

"Malia..."

"Did you lie to me? Saying that these past two months have been 'so hard'? That they've been hell. But really, you were in a relationship?"

"It has been hell. Being with her just made me realize that no one could compare to you."

She stood up.

"I'm gonna go. I don't wanna deal with this."

"Malia." I grabbed her wrist.

"Grayson. You lied to me."

"We were broken up."

Malia's POV

I didn't know how to feel. I really have no right to be mad because we weren't together at the time.

"You lied to me." I started getting teary.

"Malia..."

"I don't care that you were in a relationship while we were broken up. Grayson, you lied to me. Right to my face. If you would've told me from the start, if you would've told me that day you came over and we talked about our relationship, I don't think we would be in this position right now. And the fact that I had to find out from your other ex-girlfriend?" I ran my hands through my hair. I was getting frustrated.

He took one step forward and I took one step back.

"Let me see your hands."

"No." I said.

"Mal, please."

I showed him my hands. He folded them together and kissed them.

"No. You can't just do that. Kissing me isn't the solution." I removed my hands from his grip. "You lied to me. I told you that it was hard for me to move on. I never went on any dates. I never even considered going on dates. Multiple people asked me out, but I always said no."

I tried to calm myself down.

"How'd it take you such a short period of time to move on like that?"

I genuinely wanted to cry harder than I already am. Still, even though I have no right to.

"I need you to calm down. You're digging your nails too deep into your palms."

"Please answer the question."

"We were studying together and it just happened. I didn't expect to move on so quickly. I didn't even completely move on. It was just a little fling."

Something occurred to me.

"How did she know where to find you? Did you take her here?"

He didn't respond.

"I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you later."

"Malia." he called after me but I ignored him.

I really don't know why I'm so emotional about this. We weren't together so I can't be mad at him. But as far as coming to our spot, I thought it was just a me and him thing. Never did I ever think he would bring someone else here.

I ran upstairs and locked my door. I slid down it like in those cheesy movies. A few minutes later, there was a knock on my door. Shit did I leave the front door unlocked?

"Malia."

It was Grayson.

"Come on. Open the door." he said. "Malia. We need to work this out."

He cleared his throat.

"Please meet me at our spot in 4 hours. I'll be waiting. If you don't show up, I'll hop off your case."

A few hours went by and the kids were coming out of school now. I dropped my keys on my desk and laid down on my bed.

I heard Mason walk into the house, but he had company with him.

"Malia?" Ethan knocked on my door.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I opened my door and asked skeptically.

"Grayson wanted me to pick up his stuff."

"I folded everything and put it back in his duffle bag over there."

"He told me about the fight you guys had."

I wasn't really surprised. They tell each other everything.

"Are your hands okay?"

Ethan knew about my habits too.

"Somewhat."

"Let me bandage it for you."

"It's fine."

"Come on." he held his hand out.

I took it and he pulled me up.

"You have to understand that it was all just a little fling. I'm not gonna justify any of it because it's none of my business, but they weren't in a real relationship. It was like when you found out he kissed Emily. It meant nothing to him."

"Then why would he be with her?"

He shrugged. "I'm gonna get going now. I have a study date."

I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Have fun."

"I hope you guys work things out. You two were meant for each other. Everyone knows that."

He walked out the door.