[ 14 ]

Malia's POV

Dorsel Fin 🐬: how's your day been??

Me: chillin in the hospital, waiting to hear anything new about Marissa.

I'm really hoping he doesn't bring up the whole thing Ethan and I discussed. I really don't wanna talk about it. Not right now.

Dorsel Fin 🐬: how was she doing when you first got there??

Me: her pain didn't seem as bad as it was yesterday 🤷🏻‍♀️

Dorsel Fin 🐬: can I come over later? Just to hang.
Be there for you

Me: Grayson. It's 7pm.

Dorsel Fin 🐬: okay and???

Me: I'm leaving in 20 mins so maybe you can come over then?

Malia, what the fuck are you doing?

Dorsel Fin 🐬: sounds good 😌

I was mentally beating myself up. I didn't know what I was doing. I don't know what just happened. But, I decided to go home early to shower and whatnot. I've been here all day keeping her company before she went into surgery. It's been a few minutes since she's gone in.

"Hey kiddo." Daniel greeted me when I walked in. "You just missed dinner."

"It's okay. Grayson's coming over so we can just order food or something." I set my stuff down.

"He is?"

"Yeah."

"Do you want me to make you guys food?"

"It's fine. You've probably had a long day at work, and I'm assuming you cooked dinner tonight? I don't wanna tire you out even more. And before you ask if I'm sure, yes. I'm sure. It's fine." I smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning then." he walked over and kissed my forehead, "good night."

"Sweet dreams."

He's been a father figure to me since I can remember. We're a tight family and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

The doorbell rang. I knew it was Grayson.

"Coming." I opened the door.

"Hey." he greeted me.

"Hi. Come in."

"Let's watch a movie." he suggested.

"What movie?"

"Hmm... how about... "

"You wanna watch Camp Rock?" I smirked.

"Why would you dare ask if you already know the answer?"

"Two months can change a person."

"Okay. Whatever." he rolled his eyes.

I played the movie and we sat in silence. It was a comfortable silence.

After a while, I started getting tired and he rested my head on his lap. He stroked my hair and I fell asleep.

Grayson's POV

I wanted to bring up the whole car ride thing, but I have nothing to say about it at the moment. Plus, considering Ethan tried to talk about the whole situation with her, I don't think she'd wanna talk about it for the second time today.

I looked down at her and she was sound asleep. I pulled the blanket over her and slowly got up, being sure I didn't wake her.

She looked so peaceful, unbothered. I bent down, kissed her forehead, and said goodbye.

"Grayson. Hey." Daniel walked out.

"Malia's sleeping right now, so please be as quiet as possible so she can sleep peacefully. It's been a rough like two days for her." I requested.

He gave me a skeptical look, "you really do still care for her don't you?"

Why is everyone so surprised? I don't get it.

"I mean yeah. We were together for three years. And we've known each other for 16 years now. I never stopped." I paused, "I'll see you the next time I see you. Tell the others I said hi, I hope Marissa's doing okay. And congrats on your engagement."

"I guess?" he questioned as I walked out the door.

On the way home, it was like 10pm now, I was questioning what would I've said if I brought up the situation earlier. There is nothing I could've possibly said to reason with her. If anything, she would've gotten mad at me for not telling her and having to hear it from Ethan. We're gonna talk about it eventually, I just don't know when "eventually" is.