[ 17 ]

Malia's POV

After dinner, I washed all the plates and walked up to my room. I was physically drained and I didn't even do anything productive today.

Someone knocked on my door.

"Come in."

It was Grayson.

"What the? How'd you get in?"

"Climbed through Mason's window."

"So he knew you were coming." I said.

"Yup."

"What the hell is in that bag?"

"Sleepover material and hoodies. I brought the hoodies you liked because I knew eventually you were gonna take them again."

"What's the thrill in that? I'd take them and you wouldn't notice til like a week later."

"Yeah well." he walked over and kissed me.

"Sleepover material?"

"I'm sleeping over."

"We're going to get killed."

"Malia. Is everything good in there?" Morgan asked on the other side of the door.

"Just... yeah. I'm chillin."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay, just wanted to make sure you were alright before I went to bed."

"Totally fine." I said.

"Okay, good night."

"Gnite." I turned to Grayson, "we're going to get killed. What about your car?"

"Ethan dropped me off."

"Wow you thought this whole thing through."

"Yup." He said popping the "p".

"It's a harmless sleepover. Just like the ones we used to have. Watched some movies, had some late night snacks, talked about life, then we fell asleep." he said and laid down on my bed.

"Remember when my sisters thought we were having sex but really it was a movie Nate dared us to watch. That time we almost got killed."

"He's so stupid."

I laid down next to him.

"So are y– never mind." I joked.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Nothing." I turned around, having my back face him.

He pulled me in closer to him and I squealed.

"The level of disrespect." he said in my ear.

I rubbed his arm.

"I'm glad we worked things out and I will not be able to emphasize that enough." I said.

"Me too. It's been a weird two months without you. Because I felt the same way you felt. When you said it felt foreign not telling you things and have to tell Ethan and Cam. I'm not complaining either. It was just strange. If I had to rate it, it wouldn't be the best, but it also wouldn't be the worst. I mean I tell Ethan pretty much everything anyway but still."

"My sisters urged me to move on. But I said I couldn't. After being together for so long, it was hard to move on after two months. Plus two months felt like it was too soon." I faced him.

"It would suck on my behalf because you'd be with someone else and not me, but I'd be happy for you because you'd be happy."

"Likewise."

He yawned.

"Go to sleep." I ran my hands through his hair.

"Not until you do."

"This is going to be like those couples who go, 'no you hang up first.'"

"You know you're tired too."

"You're not wrong. I'm gonna go get another pillow so we're not sharing one. You have cooties."

He rolled his eyes.

Grayson's POV

I missed these little sleepovers. I missed every cheesy thing we did.

She walked in and I smiled at her.

"... what?" she gave me a confused look.

"Just admiring you and your beauty. What a stunner."

"Shut up." she hit me with the pillow.

"Wow. I came to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now."

"Whatever. Get some sleep. Something tells me tomorrow's gonna be a long day." she said and turned off the lights, putting an emphasis on "long".

I'm so grateful our families are close. If they weren't, Malia and I wouldn't have started dating. We wouldn't have spent three years together, making wild memories.

She laid facing her back against me again. So I pulled her body closer to me.