[ 6 ]

Malia's POV

"I don't know, Mar. I feel like I blew a small situation out of proportion."

"He didn't wanna talk to you for like what... that month he was gone? Then he didn't try to work things out with you once he came back from wherever the hell he went. I wouldn't say you blew it out of proportion."

"I just wanna work things out with him again and at least be friends so it's not awkward if we end up being grouped together again. But I really do miss him." I sighed, "I'm gonna go nap now. Wake me up in an hour please?"

"Noted."

I could've and should've worked things out while I was there. Marissa's right. I need closure.

"Mar, I'll be back."

"What happened to napping?"

"Not tired anymore."

"Well... okay. Be home within the next two hours. Help me clean."

"It's your day to clean."

"I'm lazy."

"Fine. Whatever."

"Uff you're the best."

"Tell me something I don't know."

I walked out and got into the car.

"Can we meet up again?" I called Grayson. "If you're busy, it's okay."

"Never busy for you. I'll meet you at our spot again."

"Thanks." I hung up.

I needed to talk to him. I needed answers.

"Hey." he said when he got there.

"Hey." I sat up.

"Did you wanna talk?"

"Let's sit down and talk."

"What's up?"

"Why did you decide not to talk to me for that month you were gone?"

Grayson's POV

I was not expecting this question or at least not this soon. Didn't expect it to be this talk.

It took me a while to respond.

"Grayson?"

"Uh... I was just fighting with myself. I didn't let things out the way I should have. I didn't express my feelings and held everything inside. There was so much going on. Yes I know I could've and should've talked to you or at least talk to Ethan. I know that it's toxic to keep it all inside of me. I just couldn't do it. I don't know."

"Grayson."

"I'm sorry. I just... I'm always there for everyone that I forgot I need to take care of myself too. I didn't mean to push you away the way I did. To end it the way it did."

"Why didn't you talk to me?"

"I don't know."

"We could've worked it out."

"Is it too late to?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is that you can still come to me if you need anything. Because we're still friends. Right?"

"Of course."

"Even if we weren't, I would still say that you can come to me for anything."

Malia's POV

He faintly smiled, "likewise."

"Why didn't you come see me after you got back?"

"Would've reminded me of what I lost. It's hard seeing you around school. I still get nervous around you like I used to."

I want to be with him again, not gonna lie.

"Let's get going. My sister wants me to help her clean. Didn't sign up to do more work for her, but I'm a good person so." I chuckled.

"I'll walk you to your car."

Our hands brushed against each other a few times. I didn't realize how close we were walking until they did. When I turned around to say bye, he was standing real close to me.

"I'll see you later." I got in.

He stepped away from the car, "I'll see you later."

"Malia, hey." Megan called.

"Please don't tell me you need me to run an errand for you, too. I just wanna chill. Is Marissa done with all the cleaning?"

"Yeah, she said you were taking too long."

"Thank god. I didn't wanna help her clean. I'll be home in a little."

"No one's making food tonight, so would you be a dear and grab some takeout?"

"Where at?"

"Ummmm... some In-N-Out perhaps? I'll send you everyone's orders."

I sighed, "Fine."

I picked up some food and went home.

"You're the best."

"I know."

I went to get the food and headed home.

"Ugh. Yes." Megan ran to the door as soon I stepped foot into the house.

It's been a long day.

"How was school today, Mason?" Morgan asked.

"Pretty sure I failed my math test but other than that it's been a great day."

"What about you, Mal?"

"Same as usual."

"Please don't lie." she gave me the look.

"Please don't make me talk about it. It's been a long day."

"Thanks for buying us dinner." Daniel said.

"Yeah well, couldn't let my family starve to death. You know what. I'm gonna talk about my day with pride."

"This should be good." Mason took a bite of his burger.

"I was grouped with the twins today. In the middle of the assignment, I had a breakdown and sat outside and cried. Yesterday, I got hyped up to go to Grayson's and tell him how I truly feel, that flopped and I'm not gonna discuss why. But then Ethan came out and we had a chat. After school, Grayson left a note in my locker asking me to meet him at our spot. I did. I told him not to give me any of those anymore. Out of nowhere, he started having a panic attack and I kissed him to stabilize his breathing. I said I had to go, kissed him again, made it home, asked him to meet me there, asked him about about the breakup and here we are."