[ 34 ]

Malia's POV

"I'm sleep." I yawned.

"Then sleep." he said and stroked some hair behind my ear.

"My family's going to worry. Plus I have no clothes."

"They know you're here and you have some clothes in the closet."

"What the fuck? How did you even...? When did you even...?" I sat up.

"You really didn't notice some of your stuff was gone?" he was surprised.

"No."

"Lay down some more."

I pecked him. "What made you think that we should move in together?"

"Well, I thought I never do enough for you."

"And you couldn't think of anything smaller than this?"

"I was gonna do a little picnic on the rocks, but the stuff was gonna fall everywhere and that would've flopped... pretty hard." he shook his head.

"Thank you."

He kissed me.

"I'm still sleep."

"Again, sleep. Your family knows where you are, you have clothes here. Everything's good." he kissed my shoulder and wrapped his arms around me.

Grayson's POV

I'm glad she liked her present.

She has a point though, to be honest. Maybe we are moving a little too fast. Whatever. I don't care. I love her and she's the only person that I want.

"I love you so much, Mal. I'm sorry I let you go. But that's in the past now."

"I love you, too." she whispered.

The following morning, I woke up to her making breakfast for us.

"Good morning." I wrapped my arms around her.

"Good morning." she kissed me. "Breakfast is almost done. Can you set the table and all that please?"

"Of course."

She brought the food over.

"Are you wearing my shirt?"

"Yup."

"So cheesy."

"Whatever." she sat down.

"I can't believe we're actually living together. I can't believe our dreams are becoming a reality."

"Just give it a few months, Dolan."

"I hope you know that by the time we're 23, we'll still be together and I'm gonna marry you."

"We'll see about that." she winked.

"I'm serious. I'm going to prove you wrong."

"We still have 5 years. Let's see where life takes us within that time."

The following day, I went ring shopping for the sake of it. She's the one I'm going to settle down with for the rest of my life. It may seem like it's too early to tell, but I know she's the one that I'm going to live the rest of my life with.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked. I wanted to take Ethan with me to see what he thinks she would like.

"Let's get going my dude."

We drove to the nearest jewelry store to peep some rings.

"This one looks amazing." Ethan said.

It was a basic band with three diamonds. A big one in the middle and one small one on each side.

"I mean yeah it's basic and whatnot, but I think she'd like it. She's a simplistic person."

3 years later...

Today is her 21st birthday. Her sisters said this would be the perfect time to propose. I said it was a little too soon but they all said they know I'm the one for her. That she and I were made for each other.

I stepped up to the mic and cleared my throat.

"Malia Prince. May I have you on the stage please?"

She gave me a confused look and walked up.

"So, first I wanted to say happy birthday. And second, we've been through so much together. Tons of ups and downs. We managed to work things out instead of breaking up... again..."

"Very true." she smiled.

"No words can explain how grateful I am to have you in my life. I've practiced this like 10x before this and I still don't know what to say. I know I said I was gonna wait until we're 23 but I couldn't wait anymore."

"What?"

"Just to get to the point," I got on one knee, "Malia Prince, will you marry me?"

She covered her mouth and nodded. I put the ring on her. Everyone clapped then went back to minding their own business.

"I love you."

"You're crazy." she kissed me.

"Crazy for you."

"And this is where I cancel this engagement."

"Now we get to plan." I smiled.

"Now we meet anxiety."

"We don't have to get to planning right away."

"I know, I just want to make sure every little thing is how we want it."

"It doesn't matter, as long as I'm getting married to you, I'm fine." I smiled and kissed her.