-01-

-Taeyeon's POV-

Kim Taeyeon peered through her eyelashes to see who just hit her head with a book. Not that she needs to check who it is, it is obviously her best friend, Kim Heechul. The only friend she is close to. She shook her head in dismay and heaved a sigh.

"What took you so long?"she asked, standing up from the bench.

"Got into some trouble."Heechul replied while scratching the back of his head. It was obvious that he's trying to hide something from her, so knowing him, Taeyeon sighed again and asked.

"Again?"she let out in disbelief. "What did you do this time?"

"Nothing much. I was being a hero to my class."he said and glanced warily at Taeyeon. "I stole some exam papers."he confessed, looking defeated.

"Why did you do that? You are about to graduate."she said, frowning at him.

"You only live once. Might as well do it on the last few days of highschool."he said nonchalantly. "And it's not like I'm getting accepted into any university with my results."

"Nice life goal."she said sarcastically.

"I knew you are going to be proud of me."he said as he ruffled her hair playfully. "Me and the gang are going to graduate thanks to your help."

Although Taeyeon is younger than them for one year, she is already smart enough to learn everything above her grade. She was offered to skip a grade last time, but she turned down that offer because she isn't ready to join the big kids. 

"What are you going to do when all of us leave?"he asked her, worried about her. His gang are the only friends she has, so after they all leave, who is going to be by her side?

"Don't worry. It's just one more year. I can survive."she assured him, patting his forearm.

"I'm going to miss you kiddo."

"Me too."

-

Taeyeon covered her mouth to stifle a yawn. It has been an hour and her legs hurt for standing for so long. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at the stage, the Principal is still giving his speech. It's mostly about the rules and his goals to make the school a better place. He always give a speech about the same thing as if that helps the school to move forward.

She looked around her to see the prefect pulling out the students who are whispering to each other from their queue. She tried to focus on what the Principal is saying, but all she can hear are rules, rules, rules and rules. She stomped her feet against the ground gently, careful to not make any noise. She looked back up when she heard the Principal stopped his speech. It suddenly became eerily silent.

"That boy there. Wake up."he pointed at her direction. She widened her eyes and her heart started to beat anxiously. Did she looked like she's dozing off? Wait, does she look like a boy?

She let out a sigh of relief when she realised that the Principal was actually pointing at a boy who is a few rows behind her. The boy doesn't seem to know that the Principal is talking to him, because he was nodding his head, still half-asleep. She giggled softly as she looked back at him. 

As if he heard her giggle, he snapped his head up. His eyes instantly met hers, causing her to quickly turn back to the front. Laughing at someone's misery is bad, her mom once told her.

"Dude the Principal is calling you."she heard someone whispered, whom she assumes is the boy's friend. She suppressed a smile as she imagined how adorable the boy she saw is just now. She sneaked a glance at him over her shoulder and saw him staring at her.