-26-

Taeyeon forgot to bring her umbrella before she left her house, again.

It was raining especially heavy today, so she had no choice but to wait under the roof for the rain to lessen. She leaned against the wall as she waited, silently observing the people standing around her, waiting for the rain to stop.

"Oh hey Nana, are you leaving already?"she spotted her friend walking past her. 

"Yeah sorry that I can't give you a ride. My boyfriend is waiting for me,"she said, looking worried. Taeyeon subtly observed her friend, she looked scared. 

"Is everything okay, Nana?"

"Yeah yeah, nothing is wrong. Bye!"

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes at the back of her friend as she got onto her boyfriend's car. It's been months and Nana's boyfriend still hasn't come out to greet them. He's always so mysterious, which worries Taeyeon a bit because she still doesn't know what Nana's boyfriend is like.

Hell, she doesn't even know what he looks like because the windows of his car are tinted.

She pursed her lips in thought as she stared at the couples in front of her.

These couples touching each other in public irritates me.

"Hey,"a voice called behind her, making her jump a bit. She looked back to see Byun Baekhyun standing behind her.

"Hey,"she replied, feeling her heart flutter at the sight of him.

"Are you waiting for the rain to stop?"he asked, as he tilted his chin up to look up at the cloudy sky.

"Yeah. I forgot to bring my umbrella today,"she chuckled.

"I can give you a ride,"he offered. "To your house."

"Really? Aren't you suppose to be busy?"she asked him. She doesn't want to become a burden to him and takes away his precious time.

"I can drop you off on the way to my company, so no worries."

Taeyeon accepted the offer and walked with him to his car. They chatted a bit about the fun things they did in high school on the road. It was fun and she hasn't been happier.

"Erm, are you not going to have dinner?"she asked him, looking at the time, the sky is getting darker now.

"I think I will skip it,"he said, heaving a sigh. "On second thought, if you want to have dinner with me, I will eat something."

Taeyeon laughed, that's very sly of him. "Fine. I don't have anything to do anyway. I can wait for you at the cafe,"she told him. "What time will you finish?"

"Probably in 15 minutes? Can you wait that long?"

"Don't worry. I have waited for you longer than that,"she said, crossing her arms in front of her chest as she leaned her back comfortably on the leather seat. 

He chuckled and said, "We have arrived."

They both got off his car and Taeyeon knew where to go as Baekhyun went straight to the elevator to go up to his office. Before he got into the elevator, he spun around on his foot to wave at her. Taeyeon smiled back as she went the opposite direction.

When she reached the cafe, she saw some familiar faces, the full time workers here. They instantly recognized her and her previous boss came out to ask what she is doing here.

"I'm here to wait for a friend,"she said.

"The CEO?"her boss teased.

Taeyeon just chuckled nervously in response.