-08-

After Taeyeon handed in the assignment, Tiffany subconsciously glanced at Taeyeon who is hiding her face behind her arms as she rested on her desk. She does feel guilty. She started to construct an explanation in her mind to tell Taeyeon later, hoping that she will forgive her.

Tiffany snapped her fingers when she thought up of an excuse and left her seat to go to Taeyeon. Her footsteps gradually came to a stop as she stared at Baekhyun who is sitting in front of Taeyeon, digging into his bag for something.

Damn he's a good looking guy, she thought.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as her eyes followed the banana milk Baekhyun dug out from his bag. It landed on Kim Taeyeon's desk. She rudely stared at Baekhyun as he smiled at the oblivious Taeyeon and turned back to his table.

Do they know each other? Are they friends?

A few seconds after that, she looked up and noticed the banana milk on her desk. Taeyeon started scratching the back of her head, wondering who gave her that as Tiffany approached her.

"Hey Taeyeon."

Taeyeon looked up at Tiffany and averted her gaze back to the banana milk. She snapped her fingers mentally, thinking that she figured it out. Tiffany gave her a banana milk to ask for her forgiveness. "Hey...."

"Look, I'm very sorry that I didn't send my part on time to you. I did finish it, but my laptop broke down and everything I did was gone."Tiffany explained. "Please forgive me. It will never happen again."

"Oh. So that was what happened."Taeyeon mumbled, partially buying her lie.

"I ignored your messages because I was working on it again. And my laptop kept breaking down, it is hard to continue writing my part."Tiffany continued.

"It's okay."Taeyeon smiled at her, although she isn't sure if she wants to work with her ever again. Tiffany smiled in relief and nodded at her before skipping back to her seat. After she left, Taeyeon heaved a heavy sigh as her headache started kicking back in again.

She pressed the chill banana milk carton against her forehead gently, feeling the cold radiating on her warm forehead.

-

Reluctantly, Taeyeon walked out of school with her head hung low. She normally stare firmly at the ground as she walks out of school because she feels insecure about strangers looking at her. She's constantly under the influence that people are always criticising her even though they don't know her. Even when a stranger comes up to her to ask for directions, she will completely avoid their eyes and mumble under her breath, scaring the stranger off.

She thought she has gotten a lot better in handling conversations during her winter break, her conversation with Byun Baekhyun proves it. Talking to Baekhyun made her feel comfortable. She didn't have to rehearse her small talks in front of the mirror before talking to him, because his eyes never looked judgemental. He could tolerate the long pauses she makes when she answers his questions, making her feel like he has all the time in the world.

A drop of water from the sky landed on the crown of her head, causing her to look up at the gloomy sky.

It's raining soon, she thought.

Every step she takes, she purposely landed her foot on a small puddle. She didn't need a reason to do that, but she did it anyway. Her mind went on autopilot as she took the bus and traveled to the next destination. Once she reached her stop, the rain hasn't stopped, so she decided to wait under the roof until it stops raining.

Staring blankly at the rain drops made her think deeper.

If Tiffany asks her to be her assignment partner again, how should she reject her politely?