-28-

"Oh my god you guys, get married already!"Irene playfully shoved Taeyeon in the forearm. "How does he not ask you to be his girlfriend? You guys even went on a date!"

"Shhh...quiet down Irene. It was just a friendly date. We are just friends,"Taeyeon whispered.

"Right...friends,"Irene scoffed, looking unconvinced.

"You..."Taeyeon sighed.

"Oh look he's right there,"said Naeun. The three of them looked up to see Baekhyun walking a few miles in front of them. He didn't seem to notice them, but they sure noticed him as his vibe is way too strong to go unnoticed. Taeyeon smiled at the sight of his familiar back. He looked like he's just casually walking to class, but the girls walking around him tried to talk to him.

"He only has eyes for you Taeyeon-a. Look, he isn't even paying attention to any of those girls,"Irene pointed out. "And this further proves my point, he likes you Taeyeon. Maybe he already asked you to be his girlfriend but you forgot about it and never gave him an answer?"

"No way. Why would I forget something that important?"Taeyeon laughed but stopped when she suddenly remembered that she was once drunk in front of him.

He didn't say anything important that night right?

She thought to herself. 

No way. We weren't even on talking terms at that time.

"Where is Nana?"Naeun asked Irene.

"Not sure. She left class before we stood up from our seats,"Irene shrugged her shoulders.

"She was acting really weird when she checked her phone after class. It seems to be ringing through out the whole class."

"You guys go and find some place to eat first. I will join your guys after I find Nana,"Taeyeon said. "Just text me which restaunrat you guys decided to go to."

"Okay, we will go and eat something asian then,"Naeun said. Taeyeon nodded at them before turning away and walking to the direciton back to class, assuming that Nana is still somewhere around there.

When she reached class, there was no sign of her. Taeyeon started to get worried.

What if that phone call was something urgent? Did something happen?

Taeyeon started to go back to join her friends, she decided to use the stairs instead of the elevator, since there are too many people occupying the elevator. She skipped down the stairs quickly, excited to eat lunch with her friends. Just when she reached the second floor, she heard a voice scolding someone.

She walked another floor down to see a guy's back facing her, and the person he is scolding is none other than Nana.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls?"

"I was in class..."she mumbled.

"I don't like to wait. I told you that there is an important client meeting and he needs to see you in order for us to sign that contract."

"I'm sorry. I told you that I can't go anyway,"Nana said.

"How dare you talk back to me,"without any warning, the guy slapped Nana across the cheek. Taeyeon widened her eyes and quickly ran down a few steps and stood in front of Nana.

"Taeyeon?"Nana was surprised to see her friend.

"Who are you? I can report you to the school you know,"Taeyeon glared at the guy.

"Nana-ya, who is this?"the guy ignored Taeyeon.

"S-She's my friend."

"Let's get out of here. We can talk to the school's dean about this,"Taeyeon said, grabbing Nana's hand. But Nana didn't budge. "Nana?"