-02-

-Taeyeon's POV-

"Good morning father, good morning mother."Taeyeon greeted her parents as she walked down the stairs with her school bag draping on one side of her shoulders. 

"Morning honey. We are going to have sushi for breakfast."her mother informed her.

"Your mother learned this after watching that Japanese show yesterday."her father told her as he sipped on his coffee.

"Can't wait to try them."Taeyeon said as she pulled out the chair and sat down at her assigned seat. She glanced at her father, but he was busy texting his colleagues to talk to her. "Heechul and the gang are graduating soon."she informed her father.

"It's time for them to graduate. They have been hold back for one year."her father said without looking up from his phone. "So you are going to make new friends now?"he asked her, his eyes still not leaving his screen.

"Probably. I will try."she mumbled.

"Taeyeon, speak up. You know I hate it when you mumble."

"Sorry. I said I will try to make new friends next year."she raised her voice, loud enough for her mother who is in the kitchen to hear her. It is so hard for her to make friends, she doesn't even know how to start especially when everyone is already in their own little group. And her reputation makes it even harder for her to make friends because nobody wants to go near her, Heechul is partly to blame, he's the school's popular bully after all.

Taeyeon is friends with him because they have been friends since they were seven years old. And they naturally grew closer, so it's hard for her to suddenly cut ties with him just because of his 'hobbies'. She never agreed with his ways of dealing with people though and had always advised him to stop picking on people. Heechul did change a bit over the years, he only picked on the ones that bullied others or got on his bad side, not the innocent ones. Taeyeon could hardly agree with him on this one too, but she eventually gave in since he wasn't really doing any harm on the other students.

Her father never liked her friends, but he doesn't show it when Heechul comes to visit. Her mother however, loves it when Taeyeon has her friends over. She will cook a lot because Heechul eats really well. 

"I'm sure Taeyeon can make friends in no time. Our daughter is lovely and sweet."her mother said from the kitchen, overhearing their conversation. Taeyeon forced a smile on her face when her father glanced at her. She feels pressured that her mother has that much confidence in her daughter, deep down she knows that making friends is impossible to her.

-

"Are you going to give me anything to bid me goodbye?"Heechul asked as he hit on the lower piano keys to interrupt Taeyeon from playing the piano.

"I will play you a song."she said, glaring at his fingers that are still randomly hitting the lower keys. "Can you please get your hands off the keys? I'm trying to practice here."she said, looking up at him.

"A song isn't enough. I will be leaving this town after graduation."Heechul said. 

"I will play and sing you a song."she rephrased her sentence. "Is that enough?"

"That sounds so much better. You sing like an angel!"

Taeyeon doesn't take compliments well, so she just nodded and muttered a quick thank you before she started to play the song again. Heechul decided to sit at the side and play with his mobile games while he waited for Taeyeon to finish practicing. The two were alone in the music room. The music room has been left abandoned three years ago, because the school couldn't afford the other musical instruments and no one is free to take over the club. So Taeyeon will secretly use the piano in the music room occasionally to pass time.