-18-

"Argh I'm starving. Why does the break have to be so short?"Irene complained as she rubbed her stomach.

"It's our second year for degree. It gets busier."Taeyeon said, grabbing the packaged bread from the shelf and flipping it over to check the price. "I will get this. It's filling."

"My favorite red bean bun is out of stock."Nana pouted and went to the next aisle to search for food.

"Anyways, where did we stop just now? Like before Byun Baekhyun came in."Naeun said.

"Oh right! That reminds me."Nana said from the other side of the aisle. "Taeyeon-a, didn't you also went to XXX high school too? Byun Baekhyun went there, so you two must be classmates or schoolmates."

"Yeah! How was he like? In school."Irene asked Taeyeon.

"I don't know. I don't really know him that well."Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders as she went to other aisle where the beverages are. "He belonged to the popular crowd and I was an outcast."she continued as she opened the fridge to grab a drink.

"Aww..."Naeun placed her hands on Taeyeon's shoulders. "I have always thought that two people from different domains can become friends at least. It happens in the movies."she said.

"It doesn't really work out in real life."Taeyeon mumbled. "Can we stop talking about him?"she asked her friends. Her friends shared a look, knowing that there's something Taeyeon isn't telling them, but they decided to let it go since Taeyeon isn't ready to tell them.

"Okay, okay. Sorry~"Nana said, grabbing Taeyeon and pulling her along to the counter. Just as they turned to a corner, they almost had a heard attack, Byun Baekhyun was just standing there.

The girls blushed, embarassed to be caught talking about him. Taeyeon just stared at him in shock. He didn't look at her and just looked down at the floor, mumbling an 'excuse me'. The girls moved away to let him pass.

"Do you guys think that he heard that?"Nana whispered.

"I bet he did."Irene said.

Taeyeon sneaked a glance behind her, Baekhyun doesn't seem bothered by it at all. She heaved a sigh, today, she felt all kinds of emotions in a day.

-

Baekhyun's POV

After the group of girls left, Baekhyun heaved a heavy sigh as he stared at the shelf in front of him. He chewed on his bottom lip and simply grabbed the same bread Taeyeon just grabbed. 

Is this fate?

He thought to himself as he scoffed out loud.

After more than two years, they finally meet again. The moment he heard her name in the lecture theatre just now, he couldn't believe his ears at first. His eyes swiftly glanced over the top row and he saw her, looking troubled. He stared at her from afar, she still looked the same, still beautiful as ever.

He wanted to approach her in class and greet her, but he held himself back before he could do so, because he wasn't sure if she even wants to be associate with him, after what happened in high school She left without a word, and that is a huge hint for him to know that she doesn't want him to talk to her anymore.

Stop thinking about her. I was a fool to wait for her to turn up at the graduation ball that night.

He thought he was doing well without her these two years, taking his mind off her and focusing on the company. But his heart pounded the moment he laid his eyes on her, confusing his mind once again with feelings.