-13-

Just get over it. Move on. It will get better.

Baekhyun is tired of hearing that from his friends when he tries to talk about his problems when there are only the two of them. He thought he can have some personal talk with Chanyeol, as he is advised to talk about his problems to a close friend because it's unhealthy to keep thinking about it over and over again.

He didn't feel like telling anyone about what happened. But after a few days of thinking by himself, he decided to give it a try to make himself feel better.

"I can sympathize with you because my grandfather passed away a few years ago.But since you already know about your father's illness this early, I think it's time for you to prepare to move on."Chanyeol said after listening to what Baekhyun said. "But then again, I got over it after a week because my grandfather and I were never close. So just get over it, it will get better."

It's not that easy.

Chanyeol probably couldn't sympathize with him because he has another matter that he is worry about. That is taking over his father's company at such a young age.

Baekhyun was so deep in thought that he didn't realise that his feet brought him to the abandoned music room. He stopped in front of the door and his fingers lingered on the handle of the door. He could hear someone playing the piano inside the room, and there was no doubt that she is in there.

Without hesitating, he pushed open the door and the music stopped.

How did he know that he could find her here?

When you like someone, you couldn't help but walk towards the place where you saw that girl. He was hoping if he could see her there again.

And luck was on his side.

But he was confused with his own actions. Why did he come here when he knows that she wanted to be left alone? Now it just makes him look like a stalker.

The moment he saw her, his worries in his mind vanished into thin air. Baekhyun refused to believe that it has something to do with her presence, because he will just sound pathetic and shallow.

Taeyeon stared at him as he stared back at her.

"S-Sorry for interrupting. I will leave."Baekhyun decided to break the silence. He took a step back as he hand lingered on the handle of the door.

"Wait!"she halted him. "Don't leave yet."she said, stepping away from the piano and taking quick strides towards him.

Baekhyun was surprised when Taeyeon called after him. He kept his mouth shut as he waited for Taeyeon to speak.

"I'm sorry for pushing you away. You were just being friendly."She apologized, scared to look him in the eyes for too long. "But there is something I am curious about, why do you want to be my friend when you have so many friends already?"she asked him, hoping that that question doesn't get misunderstood by him.

Baekhyun kept his eyes on the crown of her head as he started wondering about that question himself. What drew him to her? What made him think about her so badly?

"I guess it's because...you are different."he said after a few seconds of pondering. He scratched the back of his head nervously as he continued, "You are mysterious and that makes me want to get to know you more. And I never felt the need to hide anything when I talk to you. You are always there to listen and I appreciate that,"he said sincerely. "A lot."

Taeyeon diverted her eyes away from the ground and looked up at him, straight into his eyes. His eyes are telling her that what he just said is completely genuine. It touched her heart, she felt like tearing up.